Polaris ATV Forum banner

Front diff refill plug

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  LKNGOOD 
#1 ·
..having a tough time getting to my refill plug behind my winch on my 570.I have cut a hole in the mount to try to get a hex key to the front differential but it is not enough clearance.I do not want to drop the winch with all the cable connections,there are also washers behind the mount that my dealer put on-I have no idea how he got his hands in there.I cant get one finger in the back of the winch bracket-it is so tight.Any suggestions or special tools?

#4 ·
Yep, going to have to unbolt the winch mount & just set out of the way. I didn't have to unhook any wiring either.

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
Just unbolt the winch and rest it on a block. Does not take too long, and draining is better than suction.
I installed the Polaris HD 3500 lb. Winch myself on my 2017 Sportsman 570 EPS, very simple install and I too will be having to loosen the 4 bolts to access the Front Diff Refill Plug when that time comes, right now I only have 1.2hrs on the bike.

There's also a Great "How To Install video" from Polaris that will show you how easy it will be to loosen the winch.

http://atv.polaris.com/en-us/shop/accessories/winches/2880434/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.