Polaris ATV Forum banner

Best Heated Grips?

48K views 51 replies 27 participants last post by  hatzie 
#1 ·
Whats the best heated grips out there for my 08 Sportsman? I rode my friends Sportsman with hot grips and realized these are a must have item in Pa for winter. Wheres a good place to get them? I appreciate the help. Thanks Chris.

#4 ·
I have the Symtec kit from Thor. Used it twice now and had to turn it down both times! The install was very easy and you can mount the control box on the bar or the speedometer pod.

#23 ·
how does the control box mount to headlight pod, stick on?

#5 ·
I have the symtec grips as well. I like how adjustable they are and they get hotter than the oem heated grips.

#6 ·
I have AME grips on both my machines. It has 6 settings and no bulky box to try and mount somewhere.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Now I just have to fiqure out which one to get!

#8 ·
I have a question for those using the heated grips. How long do they last before needing replacement?

I seem to tear up grips when I'm offroading. Whether its an atv, dirtbike, or snowmobile, I couldn't imagine a set of grips lasting longer then a season for me.

So I've always been partial to the heated pads that go under the grip of your choice, that way I'm not shredding $100+ grips every year. Also gives me more options for grip patterns depending on what/where the riding is happening at?

Has everyone had good longevity with their grips?

#9 ·
Jeez Blueline, do you have chainmail gloves? hehe. I have never actually wore out a pair of grips on either watercraft or snowmobiles. Haven't ridden the same ATV long enough to attest to those.

I will say for sleds, it seems we replace grips due to the heating elements breaking before the grips wear out.

#11 ·
So I went to the Polaris dealer yesterday and they recomended the under grip warmers. I fiqured for $40. bucks it was worth a shot. The install was plug and play. The switch looks factory in the headlight pod. And they work awesome! He also told me how to get the grips on and off using compressed air at one end of the handlebars and block the other. They came off so easy I was shocked. Went on the same way to!

#16 ·
Popular question these days with winter coming on. Seems I have replied to similiar threads every week for a month now. But I must say the SYMTEC Winter pack is the way to go. I have them on both machines. Heat up fast and too hot when you wnat, but can be turned down to any of 5 settings wehn you just want to take the chill off in fall or spring. Got my first set with a gift card from cabella's last year. Happily paid full price for the second set. Worth every penny

#18 ·
Flyfisher112> Don't get the 'made in China' $35 specials! I tried putting a set on my 500 HO and they were too small. They went about 3/4 of the way on and then stuck. I had soapy water on the bars and they still were stuck on so hard I tore them up trying to get them back off.

#21 ·
If you have trouble getting them on or off use compressed air at the end of the handlebar and block the other side. It works very well. I was amazed.

#22 ·
The Polaris heated grips work fine for me. For $40 bucks you can't beat that.

Low takes the edge off and high is for those really cold snow plowing days!

#25 ·
Thats the reason I didnt get them. Its nice having a factory switch in the pod insted of a box on the pod. But people seem to like them.
Another plus for me is they seem to sooth the hand pain I get on longer rides.

#26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Man View Post
I have the Symtec kit from Thor. Used it twice now and had to turn it down both times! The install was very easy and you can mount the control box on the bar or the speedometer pod.
how does the control box mount to headlight pod, stick on?

It has a screw on mount and a mount that wraps around the handle bars. I used the handlebar mount. I am sure you could find other places for it to mount though.

#31 ·
The best I could do at 10pm..
I have the Dual Zone set. Works awesome! Keeps my hands warm running a lake at 8 degrees at 65mph for a few miles!

The control box is mounted next to the 4wd switch

#32 · (Edited)
I have the symtecs mounted in the same location, they work excellent but im having a problem with them loosening up and spinning when they are on and hot or riding on a hot day. Got some tips to put some rubber cement or silicone under them to hold them in place.
I haven't got around to doing it yet but im sure it will take care of the problem.
I imagine this eventually happens with all brands so it is probably a good idea to do it on the initial install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.