Polaris ATV Forum - View Single Post - Tech support question of the week Sportsman 500
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #3065
Tech support question of the week Sportsman 500

I recently had a Compression release failure where the lever release blew a hole in the cover plate that it resides behind on my 2004 Sportsman 500 which caused a massive oil leak, luckily I was in my driveway when it happened so no other engine damage was caused due to lack of oil. I am interested in finding out if anyone has seen this problem before, and if so what could have caused this to happen. My dealer who I know and trust tells me he has never seen it before and I can't find any post on the subject. I have already had the problem fixed which required a new cam, rockers and several other misc. parts. So I am more curious than anything plus I thought I would share this with all of you for informational purposes. I have attached several pictures for your review. Thanks Craig
Attached Thumbnails
Tech support question of the week Sportsman 500-100_2450.jpg   Tech support question of the week Sportsman 500-100_2451.jpg   Tech support question of the week Sportsman 500-100_2452.jpg   Tech support question of the week Sportsman 500-100_2456.jpg   Tech support question of the week Sportsman 500-100_2458.jpg  

Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!