Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > Polaris ATV Specs > 2009

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 09:33 PM

Member #23735
Send a message via Skype™ to duffy
ranger electrical problems

I have a 09 ranger xp 700. Day 1. EFI relay was clicking. left for a day then come back to see what was going on. No clicking have all power but the starter would barely turn over if at all, but the battery is new and 12.7 volts. Then the next day, I turn the key to the on position My volt drop from 12.7 to under 3. I went over the wiring and could not find any damage. I now have enough things disconected to get power to the display. My ECU is unplugged but when I plug it back in My voltage drops from 12.6 to 1. major ground fault but nothing heats up or smokes or blows a fuse. Could that be a faulty ECU? Any help would be great. thanks
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:14 AM
Polaris ATV Legend
Premium Member

Member #193
Welcome to the board!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:47 PM

Member #23735
today I can plug my ECU in and it gives me a bunch of codes. When I try and start it it kills the power so I have to turn the key off then back on.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #23647
Are you getting those voltage readings from a meter (DVOM) hooked directly to the battery, or is that on a gauge on the dash? If it is dropping that far reading directly off the battery, I would say the battery is toast. If you are getting your readings from a gauge on the dash it sounds like there is a bad main power connection, but still could be the battery.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:27 PM

Member #23735
I am taking my readings from the battery. My efi solenoid was clicking just before that too. I would think its a dying battery or corrosion but the battery is new. I came home from work today and disconnected the starter solenoid both main red going in and out. Tried the solenoid a couple of time and it did not kick the power. Re attached the main red wires and it started right up. Something really strange going on. A couple other things I did yesterday was disconnect all wiring off the main wiring harness that runs the length of the quad and connect them back on one at a time. The rear diff. solenoid was tripping the power. took that off did nothing to it and it started working. Put it back on. Then the fuel pump was only getting 4 volts. Turned the key off and on a couple of times and nothing. kept the key on and that's when the EFI solenoid was clicking. The fuel pump started working.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:30 PM

Member #23735
that was the EFI relay

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > Polaris ATV Specs > 2009

Search tags for this page
2005 polaris ranger starting problems
2008 polaris ranger electrical problems
2011 polaris ranger electrical problems
2011 polaris ranger problems
2012 polaris ranger electrical issues

polaris ranger battery problems

polaris ranger electric atv troubleshouting

polaris ranger electrical problems

polaris ranger problems
polaris ranger tm starter problems

polaris ranger troubleshooting

troubleshooting polaris ranger
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.