Polaris ATV Forum banner

How to run your own VIN number through Polaris

204K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  lateburd 
#1 ·
Check out this site. It's self explanatory. Enjoy. :)

Search-VIN

#2 ·
Thanks

You always seem to come up with timely threads. People start asking questions and I try to help. Then you concisely show us the easy way. You da Man.

#4 ·
thanks for the info

#7 ·
When I go to the link it really doesn't tell me anything... Except the name of the guy I bought it from.... Was hoping for way more than that! Lol! 1767389 is the 7 digit code... I know I have a 90 trailboss 250 4x4 2 stroke.... But was hoping for more in depth info about the engine and tranny... If any body can help thanks in advance!

#9 ·
Oh I dunno... :) I guess I am wondering which engine it is.. That is to say maybe it has a specific engine number or name... Same with the tranny.... I have gotten to know my machine pretty well thru its rebuild projects over the last two years.... Just thinking I should take my knowledge and experience to another level... I do loves my 4 wheelah! Thank you for getting back so quickly! I'm also hoping to learn its manufacture date and that sorta stuff... Trivial for the most part.... But good crap to banter with the guys upta camp.

#10 ·
Wow! Great link.
I just bought this ATV (my first) and the guy said it was a 1997 Xplorer 300. Using this I found out it’s actually a 2000 Xplorer 400. I even know who originally bought it and when.
This will make working on it so much easier.
And I got a better deal than I thought.

bob

#15 ·
I tried to check my vin by clicking on to the site that was given and also got nowhere but at the top of the page there were a couple of headings and I clicked on them and they took me to a couple of sites and one did nothing and the other kept calling it a car so I didnt bother getting it.

#22 ·
That's not the VIN. Did you look for a stemped in # on the frame - front end left or right side?

#26 ·
I have a Polaris Big Boss I got from a friend. I found the number 2955385 on the frame. When I click links to the 7 digit vin decoder it forwards me to the Polaris site and I can't find anything there. Can someone help me decode this? I don't know exact model, year, or anything. Thank you.

#28 ·
Vin 2955385 is:

Model Name - BIG BOSS 6X6 400L
Model Year - 1996
Model Number - W968740
Purchase Date - 12/4/1996
VIN - 2955385
Engine Serial Number - 9658173
Factory Warranty:
Start Date - 12/10/1996
Expiration Date - 6/4/1997

What else do you need to know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.