Polaris ATV Forum banner

how much hp does a pipe and rejet get you on a 500?

10K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  polman500 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 sportsman 500 ho Carb model. Was wondering how much hp a pipe and rejet will get you? I have a clutch kit on order from qsc, was wondering if the money for a pipe and jet kit is worth the gain?

#2 ·
Pipe is more sound, you do gain a bit of throttle snap cause of less restrictions, jetting well allow more fuel so you dont lean out.

You should do the air box mod as well. You will really like your QSC

#4 ·
I've read a few places that say about 2-3 HP for a pipe, high-flow filter, and proper jetting.

#7 ·
The 500 motor just doesn't respond alot to a pipe change. If it was a 500 2 stroke it would really wake it up. Like everybody said the most gain you would get would be noise. I would get the clutch kit and tune it properly to what tires yo have and just save the money you would be spending on a pipe. The 450 bucks you save will still buy alot of sweet goodies for it.

Ronnie

#13 ·
Not all pipes are that loud!

I run a custom built muffler for my bike and we took it hunting, crawling around my buddy was very surprised he couldnt really hear me.

When I romp on it, then she barks pretty good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.