Polaris ATV Forum banner

Mobil 1 0W-40 Oil at walmart

18K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  hogwildeffj 
#1 ·
Just letting you guys know that you can get a 5 quart container of Mobil 1 0W-40 synthetic oil for $25 at walmart. Only $5 a quart. :)

It seems that Walmart is not carrying Mobil 1 anymore? It is not on their website.

#3 ·
Mobil 1 alive and well at Walmart

#4 ·
Just letting you guys know that you can get a 5 quart container of Mobil 1 0W-40 synthetic oil for $25 at walmart. Only $5 a quart. :)

It seems that Walmart is not carrying Mobil 1 anymore? It is not on their website.
Don't know about that - I see it on their website OK. They would lose a bunch of customers that have GM vehicles and use them for their oil changes.

#5 ·

Don't know about that - I see it on their website OK. They would lose a bunch of customers that have GM vehicles and use them for their oil changes.
I also see it on their website now.

It's weird because a couple weeks ago it wasn't on their website.

#6 ·
Wal-Mart must have negotiated a few more cents out of their products gross margin!!

#7 ·
I was just there on Friday and they have the 0W40 Mobil 1 (5 quarts) for about $25. $5 a quart is a great price.

#11 ·
Is it sad most of us can remember $1.99/qt and that was when it was getting kind of expensive lol.

#10 ·
Why use 0-40 is it always -30 where you live. The wider the spread between the winter number vs summer number cost you lubricity. I would think what you would want is 5-40 or 10-40. I hate using oil with a spread of more than 30. Like everything else it's a trade off you get a more constant viscosity but at the cost of lubricty. Unless you drive in real cold weather I would question the "0".

#13 ·
Polaris used nothing but 0W40 for years and everything was OK. I noticed Arctic Cat also uses 0W40 now or that is what is on the shelf at the AC dealer. How many vehicles now use 0W40 in them? Must be something good about it. Both my ATV's have over 10000 miles on them running 0W40 and they both run like new. Oils today are good enough where a 40 point spread is OK. If you don't trust the spread send in a sample and let them tell you if the oil is still OK.

Ronnie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.