Polaris ATV Forum banner

2004 Polaris Sportsman 600 wont start

14K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  cwlongshot 
#1 ·
Hello all, new to everything that even involves the word ATV. So please be easy on me. I have a 2004 Polaris Sportsman 600, thing has run great ever since i have had it for about a month or so. All fluids recently changed, I got done riding today jumped off of it and let it idle for a minute(headlights on), and all of a sudden it shut off. Now it will not start, it will not even turn over. You turn the key and absolutely nothing happens. I brought my truck over and attempted to jump it, still nothing you turn the key and it doesn't do anything. Kill switch is NOT engaged. Any ideas? A fuse of some sort? If so where might I look for it?

#6 ·
Also key switch. It has three positions. Off run and momentary start.

Double check fuel as suggested. Double check switches and try again.

Cw

#10 ·
Fixed! The Wire harness that connects to the actually key ignition was loose, not disconnected, just loose. Kind of just a random wire that i snugged together happened to fix it. When it was loose me turning the key produce zero result cause it could not relay anything to the starter. Thanks for the help!

#11 ·
Good !!!!!!
Cw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.