Polaris ATV Forum banner

PXT vs. 489 tires

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  4tracker 
#1 ·
A couple years ago I picked up a set of almost new PXT tires as spares. The 489's on my 500 are getting low and I was thinking about swapping these tires. How do the PXT compare to the 489's? They appear to more of an aggressive tire. Should I just get new tires or will these tires give me the same performance and reliability as the 489?

Also the PXT are 26" and 489 25", will this give me any issues. They are both the same width.

Thanks

#2 ·
I personally don't care for either one of them, but if you liked the 489's, you will be happy with the PXT's. You will never feel any performance difference due to the size difference.

#3 ·
1" larger you'll be fine.

As you've already got the tires. it doesn't hurt to use them so long as they fit the riding style that you like to do. the stock tires on most machines are fine for mild trail riding. but once you start getting into rougher terrain, or mud/snow/sand/rock then show their true colors.

#7 ·
The PXT doesn't look like a bad set of tires from the factory. If the 489's were run without incident then the PXT's will serve you well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.