Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Around The Garage Off-Topic Section. Anything and Everything!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 04:15 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #2441
Quote:
Originally Posted by key stone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by denseleit View Post
I think I missed that when I responded...lol
I agree with whalebus anything bigger than 12' and I'd go double axel. That and any more than 3 quads plus the weight of the trailer and your pushing the 3500lb axel rating.
LOL, Thats why I used a 6000lb axle.. Here are the dimensions of the xp and its the largest
Length: 83.25 in
Width: 47.6 in

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, good call on that one, then how far back from center are you gonna go with it to get good balance...
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 01-31-2011, 04:59 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #10621
6 inches bc
Old 01-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #2441
I think I'd go more than that....My 12' single axle I have right now is farther back than that, its around a foot back of center..
Old 01-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #2441
Found this....
Trailer Axle Placement Tips | eHow.com
Old 02-01-2011, 08:43 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #11237
Thatis exactly how many trailer makers told me to do my axle but rather a 10% front load for empty trailer( or the 60/40 split) same thing. go for it and have fun. fromthe pics it looks like you have a good trailer and really good paint so far.
2010 850 xp Stealth Black, 2500# polaris winch, Strong made rear drop rack, Atv Guru front brush gaurd with full expanded and added bar to protect bottom of rad, front lock & ride storage box, kolpin fender extension
Old 02-16-2011, 02:49 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #10621
Its complete I towed it today loaded it worked well
Attached Thumbnails
What size of trailer do I need-009.jpg  
Old 02-16-2011, 04:14 AM
Supporting Vendor
Premium Member

Member #1219
Looks nice. I prefer my side load trailer vs a back load. Made to haul 3 large units. Easy to load and unload and great to pull.

Owner of Thor's TheATVSuperStore.com. Where we test what we sell and only sell the best!

2012 Sportsman 850XP Orange Madness. TheATVSuperStore.com lock and ride rear box, 60" American Eagle Plow w/ETS, Collett headsets, heated grips/thumb, shield, ATV Mirrors, 3 in 1 ATV hitch, RotoPax fuel pack built in front box, Orange Ricochet A Arm Guards, 26" STI Black Diamond XTR tires on HD3 Wheels, TheATVSuperStore Helmet & HID lights all from www.TheATVSuperStore.com

Last edited by Thor; 02-16-2011 at 04:16 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:01 AM

Member #12081
Trailer

I own a welding business on the side from the fire dept. When building a trailer you have to decide how many bike you want to haul and how much money you want to spend. I built my self a 20 ft. trailer. I made it an 8' wide flat bed with the wheels under the deck. This allows for easy side loading, load on one side, unload off the other. The bikes are easy access. Always try and keep the load over the axles and off the tongue as much as possible, your truck will work less and burn less fuel. I have 16" stake body sides varying in length, one set is 8' long and those double as the loading ramps. I've welded 1" tabs where the ramps go to prevent the ramps from sliding off the deck of the trailer while loading. I mounted two underslung 6' aluminum boxes on either side for straps and lubricants and fuel. I have two spare tires mounted under the deck as well as racks for coolers and other gear. All this is toward the center and rear of the trailer to cut down on tongue weight. There's a ramp gate on the rear, for when I'm only loading a couple of bikes. I can haul five bikes sideways if need be. I've got two 5000 lb axles on it with load range E tires. I've made it as self contained as possible so that there is no loading and unloading of the bikes and equipment going and coming. The bikes only have to come off for cleaning and all my gear stays stored on the trailer. I've thought about mounting a fuel tank and pump on it but I abandoned that idea, fuel cans are easier to haul to the store to refill. To build this trailer would be ridiculously expensive. I did it over time with materials I had left over from welding jobs. I posted this so that maybe you could use some of my ideas. What I like most is all of the storage I've been able to use under the trailer deck and the ease of loading. I hope this was helpful.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:40 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #11237
PK fireman If you have time in the future I would like to see some pics of your trailer. thanks
2010 850 xp Stealth Black, 2500# polaris winch, Strong made rear drop rack, Atv Guru front brush gaurd with full expanded and added bar to protect bottom of rad, front lock & ride storage box, kolpin fender extension
Old 02-16-2011, 05:42 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #11552
PK_FIREMAN:

Do you have any pictures of this?? Sounds like an awesome trailer, and having pics would really assist in the "getting ideas" department.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > Around The Garage

Search tags for this page
can i get 2 900 razors on 17'-6 aluminum car trailer
polaris crew ranger trailer size
polaris ranger 800 crew trailer size

polaris ranger trailer size

ranger 800 trailer
size of trailer for polaris
trailer size for polaris 900 ranger crew
what size of trailer for a polaris ranger 900xp

what size trailer do i need for a polaris ranger

what size trailer for a polaris ranger

what size trailer for polaris ranger
what size trailer needed to haul a ranger 900 xp
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.