Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Brakes & Suspension

ATV Brakes & Suspension Have a question about your brakes? Need some suspension advice? Try this section for answers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #7117
Gorilla lift for Sportsman 500

Im looking at getting a gorilla lift for the 98-04 style sportsman. I have a few questions about it and was hoping some of you on here are running this lift. Im looking at the six inch lift. What is it about the lift that makes Gorilla warn against trail riding? Id like to have the six inch lift set up with about two inches of sag. Im not looking for a monster truck. Is there any adjustability to the kit? Im really only looking for 3-4 inch lift but I dont want the positive camber they offer. This is why Im looking at the 6 inch and possibly adjust it down if possible.

I found these pics online of a sportsman and it looks very good. Im not sure what lift it is but Im looking for something like it. CV angles dont look too bad and there appears to be no positive camber. Anybody know whos atv this is?

Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #5629
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasj View Post
Im looking at getting a gorilla lift for the 98-04 style sportsman. I have a few questions about it and was hoping some of you on here are running this lift. Im looking at the six inch lift. What is it about the lift that makes Gorilla warn against trail riding? Id like to have the six inch lift set up with about two inches of sag. Im not looking for a monster truck. Is there any adjustability to the kit? Im really only looking for 3-4 inch lift but I dont want the positive camber they offer. This is why Im looking at the 6 inch and possibly adjust it down if possible.

I found these pics online of a sportsman and it looks very good. Im not sure what lift it is but Im looking for something like it. CV angles dont look too bad and there appears to be no positive camber. Anybody know whos atv this is?

I might suggest that you get on rubberdowncustoms.com and ask what your wanting to know. I'm sure they can help you. I just put a 1 1/2" lift on my bike and I think that maybe 2" might be the limit for trail riding. Just my $.02

2007 Sportsman 800 efi , L&R tall windshield, Viper Max 4000 lb. winch with 3/16" Amsteel rope by Atv Winch Rope, 25' Amsteel tow rope by Atv Winch Rope, RDC fairlead, RDC deluxe gas cap, RDC shifter, RDC overflow bottle cap, RDC 2" lift , 27" Maxxis bighorns s/w on Vision Outback 12" wheels, Uni air filter, Dalton o/bl primary clutch spring, front and rear brushguard, front and rear rack extensions, and a SanAngelo backrest

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Brakes & Suspension

Search tags for this page
98 polaris sportsman 500 lift kit

gorilla atv lift kits

gorilla lift kits
lifted polaris 500
lifted polaris sportsman

lifted polaris sportsman 500

lifted sportsman

lifted sportsman 500

polaris atv lifted
polaris gorilla lift kits
polaris sportsman 500 lift kits

polaris sportsman 500 lifted

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.