Safety Stickers / Sticker Removal - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Safety Stickers / Sticker Removal

I see that a lot of people on here have done the "Sticker Delete" ...

What did you use to get them off? Did you need a compound or some type, or a scraper?

I am going to remove them from my new Sportsman but I wanted to get some ideas on removal first.

(Also, these stickers are not needed for insurance purposes are they?) .

2016 Polaris Sportsman 850 SP Metallic

2000 Suzuki Quadrunner LT 500 (*sold*)

2001 Suzuki King Quad 300(*sold*)

2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660 (Blue)(*sold*)
Past ATV's: (Classics)
1984 Honda 185S
1984 Big Red (ATC200ES)
1986 FourTrax 125
1986 Honda ATC 250R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Banned

I/we used a heat gun, then you will need some GooGone, works wonders on the sticky stuff left behind.
Screw the insurance)))))))))))
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markcuda View Post
I/we used a heat gun, then you will need some GooGone, works wonders on the sticky stuff left behind.
Screw the insurance)))))))))))
Yeah... i don't know what kinda money everyone else has, but if someone steals it or smashes into it on an ATV run I don't want to have to pay thousands of dollars to fix it. The last thing I want to do is give them a reason to deny my claims. LoL

1984 Honda 185S
1984 Big Red (ATC200ES)
1986 FourTrax 125
1986 Honda ATC 250R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG79 View Post
Yeah... i don't know what kinda money everyone else has, but if someone steals it or smashes into it on an ATV run I don't want to have to pay thousands of dollars to fix it. The last thing I want to do is give them a reason to deny my claims. LoL
Mine didn't come with any "Do Not Steal or Smash Into" warning stickers - I think you're good with the insurance company.

I tend to use WD40 to loosen up any remaining adhesive and scrape it with an old credit card or one of those phoney cards you get every week in the mail.

2014 Sportsman XP 850 H.O. LE Pearl White
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

The stickers ONLY purpose is to try warn you of the obvious to protect you from yourself! They cover the manufacturer from liability if you don't have enough sense to know better than to stand up backwards on the seat after drinking a fifth of gin and taking 14 pain pills while holding the throttle wide open and texting your girlfriend and at the same time riding a wheelie through a major intersection during rush hour traffic!!
Does not and CAN NOT have anything to do with insurance related coverage during normal operation/ownership.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by polman500 View Post
The stickers ONLY purpose is to try warn you of the obvious to protect you from yourself! They cover the manufacturer from liability if you don't have enough sense to know better than to stand up backwards on the seat after drinking a fifth of gin and taking 14 pain pills while holding the throttle wide open and texting your girlfriend and at the same time riding a wheelie through a major intersection during rush hour traffic!!
Does not and CAN NOT have anything to do with insurance related coverage during normal operation/ownership.
HAHHAA If I had that sticker, I would actually leave that one on there.

1984 Honda 185S
1984 Big Red (ATC200ES)
1986 FourTrax 125
1986 Honda ATC 250R
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

If you have access to one steal you're wife's/ girlfriends hair dryer they work good then use wd40 to get rid of any remaining glue... The first atv I bought took lots of work to get them off but the last one I got lucky and they peeled Roth off without any extra work
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinfool View Post
If you have access to one steal you're wife's/ girlfriends hair dryer they work good then use wd40 to get rid of any remaining glue... The first atv I bought took lots of work to get them off but the last one I got lucky and they peeled Roth off without any extra work
Sounds like a plan. My old lady has a few hairdryers and I heard her talking to one of her friends about how strong one of them is. I'll grab that one tomorrow and see if it loosens them up. I have WD-40 and I have that GooGone that that Mark suggested. That Goo Gone says it is safe on plastics, so i'll try that first. If it does not work i'll go with the WD.

The real annoying part, is that one of the things that sold me on Polaris, is their Pro-Star engines. From some of the small engine mechanics, and other people I have talked too, they say that the Pro-Star engines are very reliable, and are one of the most powerful engines made, pound for pound. So i was happy to get that sweet Twin Cylinder Pro-Star engine... Nowhere on the bike does it say "pro-star" There was an 850 just like it at the dealer when I bought mine, but it wasn't an SP, and it had te pro-star sticker on the back storage door, and one on the side of the engine. This thing has NONE of them. Kind of annoying, but not a real big deal.

1984 Honda 185S
1984 Big Red (ATC200ES)
1986 FourTrax 125
1986 Honda ATC 250R
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Banned

I think the Prostar emblem is a sticker and they probably peal right off.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 03:25 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinfool View Post
Sounds like a plan. My old lady has a few hairdryers and I heard her talking to one of her friends about how strong one of them is. I'll grab that one tomorrow and see if it loosens them up. I have WD-40 and I have that GooGone that that Mark suggested. That Goo Gone says it is safe on plastics, so i'll try that first. If it does not work i'll go with the WD.

The real annoying part, is that one of the things that sold me on Polaris, is their Pro-Star engines. From some of the small engine mechanics, and other people I have talked too, they say that the Pro-Star engines are very reliable, and are one of the most powerful engines made, pound for pound. So i was happy to get that sweet Twin Cylinder Pro-Star engine... Nowhere on the bike does it say "pro-star" There was an 850 just like it at the dealer when I bought mine, but it wasn't an SP, and it had te pro-star sticker on the back storage door, and one on the side of the engine. This thing has NONE of them. Kind of annoying, but not a real big deal.
Here's the part number. Get the dealer to order you some. Then you can peel the idiot stickers off and put the Pro Star stickers on for a one-of-a-kind look.
7181486 DECAL, PROSTAR, ATV

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode