Polaris ATV Forum banner

towing rzr with Tacoma

31K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  5254 
#1 ·
Okay, I did a quick search but didn't see anything that stood out to get my answer. I am highly considering getting rid of my 570T and getting a rzr 900s. Just curious if anyone has towed a rzr with a Tacoma. I know spec wise its fine, but specs and actual experience can be two far different things. I know there will be the added weight of the RZR along with the added weight of a bigger trailer. I have an '08 4 door with the V6. I live in Oklahoma so it will be just hauling around the state and out to Arkansas, so no big mountain passes or anything. Thanks for any replies.

I know about the RZR forums, but I got to figure out my password for it.

#3 ·
RZR and trailer can't weigh much more than a couple thousand pounds. Can't imagine that it would be any problem for you to pull it.

#6 ·
appreciate the feedback. I kind of figured no issues, but you know how those "yeah we're good" moments sometimes turns into those "oh WTF!?!" moments. LOL

#10 ·
from my experience, Longer trailers tow better, and are much easier to back up, and Tandem axles are far better than single axles. My '14 Tandem axle tows like a dream. Way better than the 8' and 12' single axles I've towed before. Yes it's overkill for ATV's But I use my trailer for more than just ATV's. Keep things like that in mind when you're buying a trailer. I'd definitely get one with brakes not matter if you do single or tandem axle.

#11 ·
I had a Tacoma and I hauled a Teryx and a Vinson back in the day so a RZR alone will be peanuts for a Taco. Heck I bet it will tow my current trailer and side by sides with no problems.

Any mid-sized truck should be fine towing less than 5,000 pounds. Any larger load and you should be looking at a full-sized truck or SUV.

#14 ·
I have a 2011 tacoma. Last month I pulled my buddy's general 1000 up to West Virginia from North Carolina. There is a good sized pass going up I-77 to get up on the mountains. Taco did just fine. Used a 6 x 12 trailer with no trailer brake. Just dont follow anybody too close and you'll be good to go. Not saying that the truck can't stop it, but you won't be able to stop quite as fast as you would normally without pulling anything.

#15 ·
I'd personally go with an aluminum tandem axle trailer (keep majority of tongue weight off the truck).... and / with trailer brakes!!!! And you should be set to go rip the trails!

#18 · (Edited)
I like small enclosed trailers because I can put them anywhere (parking lot, trail opening, etc). Suggest how they tow is dependent on quality, radials, I-beam foundation and things like a Vee body. However, I like them [trailers] because they can be fitted-out to support the ATV it contains.

#19 ·
for what its worth i saw a commercial last night with a Tacoma towing two SXS's. Dont follow the specs on them but figured i would share haha

#20 ·
My buddy used to pull a 6.5x12 single axle trailer loaded with a Scrambler 850 and an Ace to West Virginia with his Jeep Wrangler no problem and his Jeep was only rated to tow 2500 pounds. A 6cyl Tacoma will pull a trailer with a RZR no problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.