Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #6579
THAT'LL WORK!!

I made some progress today on the wifes mount too!!

I wrote a post on everything I did.

I made a fuel tank mount

CW
Running 26" Maxxis Big Horns on Crusher Black alloy rims, 1.25'' Spacers, EPI clutch kit W/spring mods, HD springs F&R, Moose front/Ricochet rear CV guards, Moose tank bag, Polaris rack extensions, Lock-N-Ride lo & hi windshields, Acerbis hand guards, CUSTOM mirrors & mounts . A 3000# Gorilla winch, W/Am-Steel blue synthetic line, running thru a winch saver and an aluminum fairleed. Thor's foot pegs and CUSTOM rear rack support frame. L&R WES seat box W/LED light & internal 12V plug. L&R Sportsman Box W/ internal 12V plug. CUSTOM front and rear mud flaps, CUSTOM dual side mounted 1.5 Gal Kolpin gas cans, Modified stock muffler with a rear exit & 800 air box lid W/UNI air filter, for better flow in & out.

Next mods: Thor fender flairs & 800 Head pipes.

CALL Thor @ www.TheATVSuperStore.com - 815-321-3888

Check out my ATV videos and please subscribe!! https://www.youtube.com/user/cwlongshot

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:21 PM

Member #14569
Have heard lot's of people from another atv forum that I belong to that the Kolpins are notorious for leaking...never heard of any issues with Rotopax, and know a lot of folks that run them.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #6579
Wink

[quote = chevy55]Have heard Lot's of people from another ATV forum that I belong to that the Kolpins are notorious for leaking...never heard of any issues with Rotopax, and know a lot of folks that run them. [/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickl1968 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John View Post
Kolpin is now a sponsor of this site and their spokesperson said that they have solved the leaking issue with new models. They have also developed some Polaris specific mounting hardware. Waiting for someone to review the new stuff.
QUOTE FROM KOPIN REP!

Happy Monday Everyone!

Great question in regards to our redesigned fuel packs - most of the big box retailers (Gander, Cabela's, Bass Pro) should all have current inventory of our new fuel packs, as well as online retailers as typically they are drop shipped directly from our factory. Of course, if you are still concerned you can always give us a shout and purchase directly from us. Also, if you have already purchased an older style pack and had any issues PLEASE call our customer service team (877.9KOLPIN) and we can get you taken care of right away!
Its a non issue on this one as the opening it above the fuel level... Looks like a total non issue as Kolpin will make good on any problem!!

CW
Running 26" Maxxis Big Horns on Crusher Black alloy rims, 1.25'' Spacers, EPI clutch kit W/spring mods, HD springs F&R, Moose front/Ricochet rear CV guards, Moose tank bag, Polaris rack extensions, Lock-N-Ride lo & hi windshields, Acerbis hand guards, CUSTOM mirrors & mounts . A 3000# Gorilla winch, W/Am-Steel blue synthetic line, running thru a winch saver and an aluminum fairleed. Thor's foot pegs and CUSTOM rear rack support frame. L&R WES seat box W/LED light & internal 12V plug. L&R Sportsman Box W/ internal 12V plug. CUSTOM front and rear mud flaps, CUSTOM dual side mounted 1.5 Gal Kolpin gas cans, Modified stock muffler with a rear exit & 800 air box lid W/UNI air filter, for better flow in & out.

Next mods: Thor fender flairs & 800 Head pipes.

CALL Thor @ www.TheATVSuperStore.com - 815-321-3888

Check out my ATV videos and please subscribe!! https://www.youtube.com/user/cwlongshot

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #8079
You can't go wrong with ANY company that will back their product like that! Makes you wish Polaris would do that from time to time on some of our stuff, huh! Funny how some of the "smaller" guys can give you better service while the "big" dogs just push you to the side from time to time.
Heated Hand Grips
60" Polaris Razor Plow
26" Mud Lite XL Tires
Aftermarket Wheels

2008 Sportsman 300 4x4:
Upgrades soon to come!
Old 05-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #9342
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4guy View Post
Just got my 3 gal Rotopax.
Going to mount it on the rear Polaris hard box on my 10' 400 HO.
Need to make an upright bracket so that I can mount it verticaly with the bottom resting on the rail extender. Don't want to lay it down because I have upright supports mounted to the top of the box already for carring my ice auger or my bow. Just neeed to get the metal and drill a few holes.
Pics to follow.
I went with the Rotopax because of all of the positive reviews.
A little more ca$h, but what is it worth to you when you are out of gas and find the can which is mounted behind you or in the storage area empty because it leaked.

Finally got the bracket and can installed. Got a good workout this weekend and no leaks or other issues. Very Pleased !
Bump
Polaris front soft case
Kolpin front rack
Kolpin handguards w/mirrors
Garmin 550 GPS W/Handlebar mount
Shark stereo w/250w amp
1 7/8 " ball/hitch
HID Headlights
3 Gal. Rotopax w/lock handle
Superwinch LT 2000.....

I Know, I know....Wimpy Winch, but I don't need much I ride a Polaris
Old 05-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #6870
Hey 4x4guy I like your fuel can set-up. I’m looking at doing something similar for an XP850. Is your bracket just a piece of aluminum bent 90 degrees so the base bolts to the rack and the vertical portion mounts the fuel can? L shaped bracket? If so does the bracket flex or vibrate front to back when riding?
Old 05-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #9342
You could bend it 90 degrees if you would like .Mine is just a straight plate with no bend. I found this diamond plate aluminum at a metal shop. It is about 1/4 " thick, 8" x 14" . I mounted it with 1/4" bolts to the back of the lock and ride box, then I mounted the can holder to the plate. I was going to rest the can on top of the rear extender rail but it was to high. I cut the extender rail out wide enough so that the can would fit in between the new cut ends. It now rests on the original rear deck . It went for quite a workout this last weekend and never moved or leaked. I was very happy to see that. It is a little snug to open and close the top lid on the rear box, but it does work. It could be extended about a 1/4" from the box with spacers, this would make it easier to open the lid, might just do that.
Worked out great so far. Rotopax does have a 90 degree mount that might work for you.
Polaris front soft case
Kolpin front rack
Shark stereo w/250w amp
1 7/8 " ball/hitch
HID Headlights
Superwinch LT 2000.....

Old 05-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #3999
Well got my pack mounts done kind of the same as others, but why not use something that works, besides I did not want to drill holes in my rack.

KPI Hook Stopper
Front/Rear Rack Extensions
Rear Touring Rack Bag
Super ATV Front Brushguard
Super ATV Radiator Guard
Kolpin 4 gal Fuel Pac w/custom front rack mount
Old 05-26-2011, 04:16 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #9342
Great job.
I could'nt mount mine up front. I already have a bag up there, plus the windshield needs room to turn, since it is mounted to the handlebars.
I like the shield but it has it's drawbacks.
Polaris front soft case
Kolpin front rack
Shark stereo w/250w amp
1 7/8 " ball/hitch
HID Headlights
Superwinch LT 2000.....

Old 05-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #6870
4x4guy, thanks for the info. I overlooked that info in your post were you said you cut the rack and the fuel tank now sits in between the cut ends of the rack and is supported on the bottom by resting on the rear rack.

That’s what I’m trying to accomplish, give the fuel can some support so it does not flex back and forth. With gas weighing approx 6 pounds times 3 gallons plus the weight of the can and the bracket that’s 20 pounds and I’m sure on a basic 90 degree steel bracket there will be some amount of flex almost like a springing affect. Your idea looks like it will work good now that I went back and re-read your post.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Search tags for this page

atv fuel pack

atv fuel pack for polaris
flat gas tank for atv rack
fuel packs
how to mount 4 gallon fuel pack on 2011 polaris 500
kolpin fuel pack junior with pack mount
kolpin kxp fuel pack bracket for polaris atv
kolpin kxp gas can 850 touring
polaris 850 gas storsge unit
polaris atv fuel pack
polaris razor auger mounts
sportsman xp bodyguard
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.