Polaris ATV Forum banner

Heated grips

8K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  KICKER431 
#1 ·
I would like to get some heated grips and mount a switch on the pod similar to the work light switch. Would it work to hook up the heated grips and thumb to one switch? Most of the grips I seen come with a handle bar mounted switch Anybody ever do this? Are the Polaris heated grips any good? Thank you

#2 ·
my polaris hand and thumb warmers work great, you can wire the thumb and hand together in 1 pod switch but mine are on different switches.

#3 ·
I have the Polaris heated grips and thumb warmer. They work great. Have a low and high setting, with rocker switches mounted in the pod. I don't know why they could not be on one switch.

#4 ·
The wife and I love our Symtec Winter Pak sets. Come with a single control module for both hands and thumb warmers. The controller is not as attractive as a single toggle but can be mounted to look OK. IMHO the ability to control the thumb and the hands independently is worth the larger control module. Also there are 5 warmth settings to each. On level 5 you can almost burn your hands even through mittens. Thor sells them at ATVSupertore.com

#5 ·
Do the Polaris grips come with switches that mount in the cut outs on the pod? I do like that symtec pak. But I would like to keep the switches on the pod my bars are already crowded. Thanks for the replies!

#8 ·
Yes - the Polaris kit comes with everything and the switches mount in the cut-outs. Makes for a very neat job - and I have never felt like the heat was not more than enough.

#6 ·
I did mount the controls on the pod. it comes with a little swivel bolt that allows mounting on a flat surface. If you want it even more flush you can trim the loop for the mount off the back of the controller and stick it directly to the pod with super stick double sided tape. I will try to take some pictures of my mount for you tomorrow

#7 ·
Here are a couple of photos of my Symtec control mounted to my pod. If I had to do it over again. I probably would shave the loop off the back of the controller and mount it directly to the pod. as it is it sticks off about 1/4 inch due to the hardware behind it. It looks large but isn't all that intrusive. I agree with you about keeping things off the handlebars.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa428/kicker431/100_0200.jpg

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa428/kicker431/100_0198.jpg

#10 ·
Another reason I love the Symtec is the 5 levels. I use level 4 or 5 when plowing or ice fishing. But sometimes hands can get cold even on a cool summer morning ride. Then I can turn them on 1 or 2 and ride without gloves. Way better than just high/low adjustment of Polaris grips

#12 ·
I think you will be very happy with them once you've used them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.