Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 03:08 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #19740
How much Seafoam?

Just wondering, how much Seafoam do you use for one gallon?
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #13240
i believe 1 oz for maintenance and 2 for cleaning
5400km 2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 Ho, Polaris Hand & Thumb warmers, RotoPax 4 Gallon Fuel Pack, Custom Made Rear Bumper, PowerMadd Hand Guards, Polaris Rear Work Lights, Ricochet Ultimate Armor, Polaris 3500lb Winch, Rear Rack Extender, Polaris Brush Guard, 3 Headlight Mod, Uni Air Filter, EPI 'patv1' primary clutch spring. All up on Interco Swamplites! Maintenance is the key to a never ending happiness

Check out and subscribe to my youtube channel! ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/mudsling...ew=0&flow=grid
Old 11-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #6579
Agreed,
I like to run 1oz per gal as a regulat thing and 2-3oz per gal for a troubled motor.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/how-to-u...treatment.html

Give it at least a couple tank fulls before expecting to feel or see any differences...

CW
Running 26" Maxxis Big Horns on Crusher Black alloy rims, 1.25'' Spacers, EPI clutch kit W/spring mods, HD springs F&R, Moose front/Ricochet rear CV guards, Moose tank bag, Polaris rack extensions, Lock-N-Ride lo & hi windshields, Acerbis hand guards, CUSTOM mirrors & mounts . A 3000# Gorilla winch, W/Am-Steel blue synthetic line, running thru a winch saver and an aluminum fairleed. Thor's foot pegs and CUSTOM rear rack support frame. L&R WES seat box W/LED light & internal 12V plug. L&R Sportsman Box W/ internal multi 12V and USB plugs. CUSTOM front and rear mud flaps, CUSTOM dual side mounted 1.5 Gal Kolpin gas cans, Modified stock muffler with a rear exit & 800 air box lid W/UNI air filter, for better flow in & out.

Next mods: Thor fender flairs & 800 Head pipes.

CALL Thor @ www.TheATVSuperStore.com - 815-321-3888

Check out my ATV videos and please subscribe!! https://www.youtube.com/user/cwlongshot

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:59 PM

Member #19787
I strongly recomend not using sea foam at all. It is honestly no good for todays engines. I know that people swear by it and yes it was great for leaded fuel but they have not changed their formula and it doesnt go well with todays gas at all. It will eat away at alot of the modern fuel lines and rubber seals and what not. I would recommend something like johnson/evinrudes 2+4 you can get it at any local marine dealership and the mix ratio is one ounce to every four gallons of fuel and they guarentee that you fuel will maintail the octane rating and will not phase seperate for a year. Sorry if I offended any die hard sea foam lovers but i am a marine/powersports technitian and have seen what sea foam has done first hand and has cost alot of people alot of money. Just my two cents
Old 11-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyhayes View Post
I strongly recomend not using sea foam at all. It is honestly no good for todays engines. I know that people swear by it and yes it was great for leaded fuel but they have not changed their formula and it doesnt go well with todays gas at all. It will eat away at alot of the modern fuel lines and rubber seals and what not. I would recommend something like johnson/evinrudes 2+4 you can get it at any local marine dealership and the mix ratio is one ounce to every four gallons of fuel and they guarentee that you fuel will maintail the octane rating and will not phase seperate for a year. Sorry if I offended any die hard sea foam lovers but i am a marine/powersports technitian and have seen what sea foam has done first hand and has cost alot of people alot of money. Just my two cents
While I agree with NOT using SeaFoam, or any fuel treatment that contains alcohol for long term usage, can you elaborate on what you've seen?

In my opinion, Star Tron is a much better, and safer product than SeaFoam.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:29 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #6579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbillyhayes
I strongly recommend not using sea foam at all. It is honestly no good for today's engines. I know that people swear by it and yes it was great for leaded fuel but they have not changed their formula and it doesn't go well with today's gas at all. It will eat away at alot of the modern fuel lines and rubber seals and what not. I would recommend something like Johnson/Evinrudes 2+4 you can get it at any local marine dealership and the mix ratio is one ounce to every four gallons of fuel and they guarantee that you fuel will maintain the octane rating and will not phase separate for a year. Sorry if I offended any die hard sea foam lovers but i am a marine/power sports technician and have seen what sea foam has done first hand and has cost a lot of people alot of money. Just my two cents,
Sea foam is 100% Petroleum,, it doesn't contain alcohol...

Here is a quote directly from there site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam web site
Sea FoamŪ Motor Treatment is a 100% pure petroleum product that safely and effectively cleans internal fuel and oil system components, helping your gasoline or diesel engine run cleaner and more efficiently. Sea FoamŪ is an EPA-registered product, and will not harm engine components, seals, gaskets, catalytic converters or oxygen sensors.

I also recommend Star Tron and use it in my marine applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Branch View Post
While I agree with NOT using Sea Foam, or any fuel treatment that contains alcohol for long term usage, can you elaborate on what you've seen?
I too would like to see more elaboration on your claims as well as some proof... BTW, Alcohol is what we are trying to REMOVE!! WHY would you want to ADD IT???

CW
Running 26" Maxxis Big Horns on Crusher Black alloy rims, 1.25'' Spacers, EPI clutch kit W/spring mods, HD springs F&R, Moose front/Ricochet rear CV guards, Moose tank bag, Polaris rack extensions, Lock-N-Ride lo & hi windshields, Acerbis hand guards, CUSTOM mirrors & mounts . A 3000# Gorilla winch, W/Am-Steel blue synthetic line, running thru a winch saver and an aluminum fairleed. Thor's foot pegs and CUSTOM rear rack support frame. L&R WES seat box W/LED light & internal 12V plug. L&R Sportsman Box W/ internal multi 12V and USB plugs. CUSTOM front and rear mud flaps, CUSTOM dual side mounted 1.5 Gal Kolpin gas cans, Modified stock muffler with a rear exit & 800 air box lid W/UNI air filter, for better flow in & out.

Check out my ATV videos and please subscribe!! https://www.youtube.com/user/cwlongshot

Last edited by cwlongshot; 11-04-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #1986
Anybody that really wants to know as much as possible about a product should read the MSDS.

Seafoam contains Isopropanol... which the last I knew was a form of alcohol.

In addition, if one wants a better list of what contains what, they may find this link interesting...

Is your gas additive safe with E10 fuel?

I learned a long time ago not to believe "anything I hear", and only half of "what I see". LOL
Old 11-04-2011, 01:59 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #6579
Wink

Quote:
Anybody that really wants to know as much as possible about a product should read the MSDS.

Seafoam contains Isopropanol... which the last I knew was a form of alcohol.

In addition, if one wants a better list of what contains what, they may find this link interesting...

Is your gas additive safe with E10 fuel?

I learned a long time ago not to believe "anything I hear", and only half of "what I see". LOL
I agree with you about your last comment and looking at the MSDS sheet is excellent advice!

IF you read your link, Sea Foam lists IPA as additive, NOT Isopropyl. Now it very well could be Isopropyl, but it also could be something else. As I posted they plainly and clearly list there product contains 100% petroleum. In today's "climate" should such a claim prove false. They could be open to quite a lawsuit...

Something I also noticed, Hillbillyhays recommendation of 2+4 conditioner does clearly list alcohol as an ingredient...

I feel a disclaimer is in order... I do not work for any of these companies, I do not make a single centor get anything by recommending them. I do so because I have been using them for many years and they work/have worked and continue to work very well for me. I have never seen a lick of damage from doing so. This is for more than ten years and dozens of engines both small and large. Just saying...

CW

Last edited by cwlongshot; 11-04-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:00 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
I too would like to see more elaboration on your claims as well as some proof... BTW, Alcohol is what we are trying to REMOVE!! WHY would you want to ADD IT???

CW

Now, I would like to see more elaboration on your claim that it doesn't... other than misleading claims by the company that makes it.

EDIT: BTW, the link tests show it has alcohol. IPA is alcohol... call it an additive or whatever... it's still alcohol in the product.

Last edited by North Branch; 11-04-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:10 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #6579
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post

CW

Now, I would like to see more elaboration on your claim that it doesn't... other than misleading claims by the company that makes it.

EDIT: BTW, the link tests show it has alcohol. IPA is alcohol... call it an additive or whatever... it's still alcohol in the product.
My friend, do not make this personal.

I have said many times, my "proof" is I have used this product for many years. I have never seen any problems I could even remotely associate with its use. More importantly, it works for me!
Manufacturers need to "prove" there claims to get us to buy them. I recommend things because I like them and because they have worked for me in the past. SAME AS YOU.

Its no skin off either of our arses if someone uses this or not. I simply like to see "truths" or more accurately complete truths posted.

Your own link will not decisive say that IPA is alcohol. They say it is a known abbreviation...

CW

Last edited by cwlongshot; 11-04-2011 at 02:15 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Search tags for this page
how much seafoam additive do you add to gas
how much seafoam do i add atv engine
how much seafoam per gallon

how much seafoam per gallon of gas

how much seafoam to use in atv

how much seafoam to use per gallon
sea foam for atv

seafoam atv

seafoam for atv

seafoam in atv cylinder
seafoam polaris
seafoam treatment for atvs
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.