Polaris ATV Forum banner

Winch mounts and cooling issues?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  sgtpatiolantern 
#1 ·
I have a 1997 xplorer and I'm concerned about putting a winch in front of the radiator should I be? Anybody have any pics with or without brush guard? Does anybody just have the winch exposed what about damage? Thanks for ant help you can give me!

#3 ·
With an electric fan (if so equipped) and a few inches of clearance between the winch and radiator you shouldn't expect problems. It will depend on the type of driving you do. If you frequent sticky mud and get this area plugged you may stir up trouble. Aside from that, keeping the area clean as a habit goes a long way. How does she run now? Fairly hot? If that's the case I would not do it. Anything partially covering the area will surely raise temperatures even slightly.

#5 ·
I don't know if a complete cover is good. And you know when you'll find out, eh? When she boils over in the middle of no where. Is this the only possible mounting option?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.