Polaris ATV Forum banner

2007 sportsman 800 EFI problems

9K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  214erik 
#1 ·
I'm very new to this, went riding the other day, got home gassed it up and went to put in the garage and it wouldn't start or crank. The battery is good and the ground through the frame is as well. The lights and winch will not work either. Any ideas?

#2 ·
Same, but different problem.

I have a 2007 Polaris Sportsman 800 with similar problems. Recently my machine won't always start and then even when it does the winch won't work and then at times only the "out" will work on the winch, not the "in". What's odd is that the battery seams fine and the lights are strong yet often I'll have a flashing fuel gauge or a starter will want to crank but stops abruptly and then clicks. Please help.

#3 ·
My 2007 polaris 800 efi doesn't start or make any noise, lights work not sure on the winch but it wount crank at all, dash lights do come on but no spark to the starter, took the starter off to make sure it wokrs and it does, im not sure if it could be the stator on it but don't know how to check that myself, need help???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.