Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 06:24 PM

Member #4687
Polaris or Warn winch?

I have just recently purchased a new XP 850. Very, very happy with it. But it is heavy. I want to install a winch on it. Would you buy a Polaris brand winch? Who makes the Polaris OEM winch? Would you buy a Warn winch over the Polaris brand?
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:53 PM

Member #3958
I put the polaris winch on mine. Can't say witch one is better because this is the only one i have ever owned. It was an easy install but IMO get the synthetic rope. I didn't and after only three weeks of use I have three smashed and frayed spots on the cable. Pulling from the side piles the cable to quick on one side. Looking to replace it with synthetic.

You Can't Fix Stupid .....
Old 05-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #4649
The Polaris winch is a warn with a different sticker on it. Or at least they used to be. POPO teamed up with them for a while to have a polaris brand name winch. It was one of their big advertising things. "Get a Polaris winch! Made by WARN."
Old 05-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Polaris ATV Legend
Premium Member

Member #193
Welcome to the board! And I'd go with the Warn anyway!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #3805
I would go for the polaris coz im a purist in a way.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #3694
right about them being the same thing... warn makes them for polaris so go with whatever you find a deal on... and synthetic rope or nothing. its stronger, tougher, and spools better. PLUS it is much easier to fix on the trail if it does get damaged (buddy hit mine with an ax while it was around a tree). Only draw back is that you should not use a snatch block with them (but can if your careful).
Old 05-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #2758
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick11 View Post
right about them being the same thing... warn makes them for polaris so go with whatever you find a deal on... and synthetic rope or nothing. its stronger, tougher, and spools better. PLUS it is much easier to fix on the trail if it does get damaged (buddy hit mine with an ax while it was around a tree). Only draw back is that you should not use a snatch block with them (but can if your careful).
I sure agree with the synthetic rope and plan on changing mine out with 100 feet of 3/8" ...... if it'll fit. The other option I would certainly want if I was reploacing the one that came with mine is a remote control so you can stand off to the side when using it :-)
Old 05-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #962
Went with a Polaris #2500 winch mainly because it came with my 850 at a good price "FREE" . A Warn #3000 would maybe be on it if I had to buy one. No trouble with the Polaris winch so far. Welcome to the site also!
2009 Polaris XP-850 w/EPS and 2500# Polaris winch, Lock and ride front cargo box, Front and rear rack extender's, Stealth Black, 27" Mudlite XTR's, Polaris deluxe brushguard's,XPOG #2
Old 05-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #1634
Send a message via Yahoo to chopper89
OK guys there is warn winch that has a polaris sticker on it the T30 this is a warn winch that is made for polaris now thats why your saying warn makes polaris winches. the truth polaris makes there own winch the 2500 and the 3500 they are pure polaris no warn
POLARIS GUN CASE
POLARIS FRONT AND REAR LOCK AND RIDE STORAGE
POLARIS FRONT AND REAR GRILL GUARDS
ITP T7 BEADLOCK RIMS
ITP 27 XTR TIRES
RICOCHET A ARM GUARDS

Old 07-15-2010, 09:43 AM

Member #5540
I'd buy Warn

I was in the same situation about which to buy Warn or Polaris. I finally called Warn and ask them if they if in fact make winches for Polaris. I was told they are making some but not all. If it was made by Warn it will have a Warn decal on it. Warn stop making winches for Polaris 2 or 3 years ago for this reason. Polaris ask Warn to make a winch for them and then they took it to China for them to copy. But now I understand after talking with a rep from Warn yesterday they are making a few winches now for Polaris. When I called Pure Polaris and Polaris Industries I was told the Polaris winch has a warranty of 60 days to one year. No one seemed to know which was right. Warn has a limited lifetime warranty which I understand covers all the internal workings of the winch. So for me that made it simple I went with Warn.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Search tags for this page
polaris atv winch
polaris brand winches
polaris vs warn winch
polaris warn winch

polaris winch

polaris winch vs warn winch

polaris winches

warn winch for polaris atv
who makes polaris atv winches
who makes polaris winch

who makes polaris winches

who makes the polaris winch
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.