Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

ATV General Discussion General Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 01:56 PM

Member #9252
Question Pros/Cons for snow plows.......

Does anyone have any input regarding front mount type snow plows vs. under body mounts? I am looking to purchase the Eagle plow Gen II which is a front mount. I am also thinking of the 54" blade vs the 60" blade....any input would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 11-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Supporting Vendor
Premium Member

Member #1219
We sell a lot of the Eagle plow systems as well as the Warn (which offers a $50 rebate). Both are much stronger that the Polaris system. I would suggest the 60" blade. When you plow with the blade on a angel it is still wider then the tires of the XP. Front mount is very easy to take on and off while with the belly mount it takes more time not to mention more storage space when not in use. Remember winter is almost here and most are getting low on inventory! Any question please feel free to call our store and ask for Thor. I know just about everything on these systems since we only sell what we have tested and it has passed our inspection.

Owner of Thor's TheATVSuperStore.com. Where we test what we sell and only sell the best!

2012 Sportsman 850XP Orange Madness. TheATVSuperStore.com lock and ride rear box, 60" American Eagle Plow w/ETS, Collett headsets, heated grips/thumb, shield, ATV Mirrors, 3 in 1 ATV hitch, RotoPax fuel pack built in front box, Orange Ricochet A Arm Guards, 26" STI Black Diamond XTR tires on HD3 Wheels, TheATVSuperStore Helmet & HID lights all from www.TheATVSuperStore.com
Old 11-21-2010, 02:22 PM

Member #9252
Thanks Thor, I was worried that a 60" blade would be too big but I think Ill get it. Id hate to get the 54 and be disappointed.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Supporting Vendor
Premium Member

Member #1219
I ony run 60 on my XP. You will love it! If there is anything I can help you will feel free to pm, email or call me! We really put these units to the test before placing them for sale on the site.

Owner of Thor's TheATVSuperStore.com. Where we test what we sell and only sell the best!

2012 Sportsman 850XP Orange Madness. TheATVSuperStore.com lock and ride rear box, 60" American Eagle Plow w/ETS, Collett headsets, heated grips/thumb, shield, ATV Mirrors, 3 in 1 ATV hitch, RotoPax fuel pack built in front box, Orange Ricochet A Arm Guards, 26" STI Black Diamond XTR tires on HD3 Wheels, TheATVSuperStore Helmet & HID lights all from www.TheATVSuperStore.com
Old 11-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseburger View Post
Thanks Thor, I was worried that a 60" blade would be too big but I think Ill get it. Id hate to get the 54 and be disappointed.
Good choice on both the blade size and the brand. Eagle makes great stuff. However, I've not heard a lot about the the Eagle Gen 2 system. I had an Eagle mid mount on my previous quad, and it was bullet proof. My son had, and still has his Eagle... no problems. When I got my new quad... got another one.

The detachable plate on the Eagle mid mount is easy to remove if you want to do some riding. Loosen 4 bolts, slide it forward about an inch and it drops out.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:20 PM

Member #9252
I like all the reviews I have read about Eagle being good stuff and I like the lift height offered on the Gen 2. A local dealer is offering me a price of $405 for the mount the push tube and the 60" blade. As far as I can tell, from researching the internet, it is a good price. That price is for the straight blade, I have never owned a plow so I don't know if I should spend the extra money for a country plow. What are your thoughts on the blade? Straight or Country?
Old 11-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseburger View Post
I like all the reviews I have read about Eagle being good stuff and I like the lift height offered on the Gen 2. A local dealer is offering me a price of $405 for the mount the push tube and the 60" blade. As far as I can tell, from researching the internet, it is a good price. That price is for the straight blade, I have never owned a plow so I don't know if I should spend the extra money for a country plow. What are your thoughts on the blade? Straight or Country?
Sounds like a very good deal. I'd stick with the straight blade unless you have a flat narrow driveway that you can make a pass pushing the snow to the right, and turn the ATV around and come back the other way pushing the remainder to the right again. You "can" use the Country blade and push to the left, but they don't work as well. Plus, it's a lot of extra weight.

Good luck.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:06 PM

Member #9252
North Branch,
Thanks for the input. I will go with a straight blade, my drive is about 60' from the garage to the street but its about 35' - 40' wide with a 12' portion that goes around the side to the back of the house. I imagine I will be making a few passes straight to the road then turning the plow direction to push the snow to the side of the drive. BTW...is that North Branch, Michigan?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #19980
Can anyone tell me how wide the the universal part of the Eagle Gen 1 Plow mount is from outside of dowels? And from the outside of the plates the dowels are welded too? Thanks.

Last edited by JonnyBlaze; 10-28-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:03 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #29816
Snow plows the bad news.

Like most my thoughts were to get a plow after the purchase of my first quad. For aprox 2/3 of the cost of a walk behind snowblower I purchased a plow, now dont get me wrong the plow workes great the problem is it beats the hell out of the quad. After 5 years of plowing here is a list of my gripes concering using the quad to plow.

1- MN salt, things rusting on the quad that shouldnt have.. I do try to keep it clean.

2- Still have to shovel alot of snow, the plows just are not heavy enough to do a good job back draging.

3- You need to have room to put the snow and push the early snowfall far enough into the yard that you have room for all the following snow falls. Once the bank sits and hardens you wont move it with the quad

4- Hard on the quad, belt, gearcase, suspension componets all wear faster and have needed work.

This fall I purchased a new 500ho and will be moving snow with a new snowblower.

Just my 2 cents.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV General Discussion

Tags
eagle plow, snow plow

Search tags for this page
american eagle plow reviews

atv plow reviews

atv snow plow reviews

eagle atv plow reviews

eagle plow reviews

eagle snow plow

eagle snow plow reviews

eagle snow plows for atv
eagle utv plow reviews
eagle utv snow plow reviews
utv snow plow reviews
warn atv plow reviews
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.