Polaris ATV Forum banner

What have YOU done to your Polaris today V2.0

137K views 762 replies 131 participants last post by  Hondov65 
#1 ·
Let's restart a thread that had been running since 2012.
I went into garage and looked at them all. That's enough for today.

Reactions: Corbett1973
#2 ·
Not anything I actually did. But my wife sent the last payment to the dealer. So now I'm trying to find the best way to ship it from Alabama to Washington State. But when it does get to my house,and I get home from fishing,I already have new wheels/tires in my garage,I'll be ordering the billet pinion cover and the GSE muffler here in a couple days,I'll be installing all that before I even ride it.

#3 ·
How long before you get home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Loaded it on my trailer for a weekend of riding lol

#6 ·
Lucky dog

#7 ·
I'll be avoiding eye contact with it while I load up the Travel Trailer for a weekend without it. I can't stand seeing it pout.

#8 ·
My wife has been saying for a while that she would like to take a vacation that doesn't involve the atv's every once in a while. I keep asking what kind of vacation would that be? I couldn't imagine leaving the kids in the garage while I'm gone but I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Reactions: SportsFans
#9 ·
I pulled a headlight out when I was riding last week through some really tall Johnson Grass, I just think the wire was hanging loose and the grass pulled it out. I ordered a set of the Polaris Xenon from Amazon and really like them. They are a shorter light bulb then what come from the factory but seem a lot brighter.

#10 ·
Come on Gibbons, You know the rules. you gotta post pics.

#12 ·
The asymmetrical hand guards would bug the crap out of me. I blocked my pod with snorkels so I want to see how much more light you get with the Xenons. I never used the pod but I'm sure for one reason or another I will miss it anyway. Guess I need a light bar now.

#13 ·
Haha yeah I am the same way they just bug me and I can't seem to correct them. Anyone have any suggestions to fix them ? I will get some pics of the lights this weekend. I bought them for just $24.00 for the pair. My local Polaris dealer didn't even carry the Xenons in stock but like I said they seem brighter for me then the factory's , for 24 bucks it's not much money to try them out.

#14 ·
In OKC , OK, went by Cabela's, they had the gun mounts I wanted on clearance.
Installed when I get home.

#15 ·
Ordered the billet pinion cover last night,I have the GSE exhaust in the cart,just waiting for a reply from someone who just installed it to see what they think now that they've had it for a little while..my wife's going to kill me if I don't stop,I have more parts for a machine that I don't even have possession of yet.

#16 ·
HAHA IT only gets worst. :hand:

#20 ·

Reassembled the piping for snorkels in the engine compartment. Installed bedlinered snorkels. Will finish assembly of machine Tuesday.

#21 ·
I like that storage with the way you have thise extra fuel containers mounted.

#23 ·
^^^^ I went ahead and finished snorkel install. It runs fine pinning the throttle in the garage. Have to see how it goes on the trail. Don't feel like cleaning up garage to pull machine out today.

#26 ·
gse slip on

I added a gse slip on, last week. Its the performance one in black. Sorry
no video or pics yet, but only took a short ride after install. Wow was I
surprised when after the install I hit the gas and it stood up on me.
I'll get some pics and video up soon, but soon after i rode it, had to be rushed
to the hospital due to my appendix, and having emergency surgery to
have it removed. So im on a strict do nothing routine for a couple of weeks.

#28 ·
Dxtrigger

Well, I got the dxtrigger in the mail yesterday. Against doctors order, I
decided to go and install it. (almost died last week, due to my appendix, and having emergency surgery). So, the website says its a 5 minute job.
I can tell you right now, that the dxtrigger DOES NOT work with the
Pure Polaris hand guards. The trigger part rubs against the mounting bar
of the hand guards, leaving you with the trigger sticking on, (Could be a very
interesting ride to say the least) So now you have 3 options. Take the hand guards off all together, purchase a different style hand guard, or Modify
the Polaris ones. I did the latter.

Attachments

#29 ·
Have yet to try it out, due to not being able to ride until my
doctor clears me, hopefully sometime around July 10. (keeping my fingers
crossed)

#32 ·
It wasn't on my machine, but I changed both rear axles and wheel bearings. Fixed the grip heaters and installed a new switch on the left handlebar for a friend. I still have a spacer and screw to put in the rear rack mount..can't believe his wife could stand the noise of that rack mount flapping.

His left rear CV boot was torn and the joint sounded like a rock polisher.

#34 ·
I just finished my rear storage tube, lots of room. I have a tool bag, towing/winch bag, spare parts bag, first aid kit and a spare belt.

Attachments

#37 ·
The Polaris Xenon light bulbs I installed. Boy they are bright.

Attachments

#39 ·
On my 06 800 EFI Sportsman: Removed all the bolts so the rear differential case could be moved back, had to remove the lower a arm pivot bolts also, removed old worn out prop shaft, replaced with new prop shaft, moved the rear drive diff back into place, replaced the lower pivot bolts and all rear diff bolts. Adjusted rear shock preload 2 notches stiffer, rerouted the throttle cable and adjusted sheath to correct the "check engine" code it was throwing, as well as correcting the throttle up condition when turning to the left. Checked and topped off battery. Very productive day!

#40 ·
I bought a rubber bumper thing for the winch and it was delivered yesterday. I took it to the ATV for a quick install. I ran some cable out and couldn't more than a couple feet. It seems that the previous owner, who used the winch for plowing, got the cable snarled. I ran the machine over to a tree. Put a strap around the tree and used a ratcheting tie down to put a strain on the cable. I didn't get too far trying that even with the brakes locked and dragging it across the gravel.

Pulled up to the garage and removed the fairlead to get to more of the spool. Still couldn't get the cable to budge. Then I removed the plow bracket and front plastic to remove the winch. Took out all sorts of bolts and finally got the winch on the bench. Still couldn't get the cable free so I took the winch apart so I was dealing with just the spool. Got enough slack to slip the cable off one end and wire cable gained a life of it's own unwinding - until it hit the snarl. Still couldn't get the wire free so I worked some slack to the other end of the spool and managed to slip it off. Again with the cable fleeing the scene... Finely got to the problem area and was able to work enough slack into the cable to work it loose. All in all, I was on it for eight hours and have bolts and parts spread in many places. Should have taken some pictures along the way at least for reference of how it goes back together. I still have to get the cable back on the winch, the front plastic back on along with the plow frame. Might as well try out the Amsoil marine grade grease (got it at a car show today) on the bushings as long as they are out in the open.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.