Polaris ATV Forum banner

Symtec 4 Zone Heated grips

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bruce! 
#1 ·
Brand new to the forum here,lots of great info.
Has anyone had to remove the heated grips from the handle bars after they have been put on?They seem to be glued on but am not sure.Is there a solvent or something that might loosen them up.I am replacing the handlebars and am trying to save them to put back on the new handle bars,but it is not looking good at this point.

#2 ·
I just finished installing my new heated grips and the instructions said that if you only get the grip halfway on and need to get it off, turn them on high and let them get hot then they should come off. I don't know if it will work for a pair that have been on a while or just when they are being installed. Good luck!

#3 ·
Thanks Tool Man,I got frustrated and cut them off!! they have been on for 8 months and they would not budge.Back to the store to get another set.It has been very interesting changing the bars though,it`s a good way to get to know the inner workings of your top end of the ATV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.