Polaris ATV Forum banner

Fuel leaking from little hose at bottom of carb

41K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Jessica w 
#1 ·
My polaris 500 ran fine last winter. I wore the battery down today and it runs but not right. I cleaned my K&N air filter thinking ill start their then i see gas leaking out the little hose at the bottom of the carb. I shut the fuel off and am wondering where to start. I am wondering if the float is stuck or is their a piece of dirt in the needle and seat. Does the carb have to come off to clean and repair. Also sometimes bowl screws round off b-4 releasing. Has anyone had this symptom. Thanks

#6 ·
carb leak

i have identical problem with mine you have to let me know what fixes it. i think the float is stuck also looking for a diagram for the top half now that i have that out. email to curleylj at yahoo dot com or call me at 3216156590 any help would be appreciated.

#7 ·
Remove the carb and clean it and inspect needle seat.

#10 ·
yep clean the carb...and the screws on the bottom rounding off has happened to me a couple of times on other peoples stuff... just remember that the carb is not a head it doesnt need 50 ft #'s or anything.. You new that since you must of dealt with it also...welcome to the clan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.