Polaris ATV Forum banner

2011 Polaris sportsman 850 eps code

9K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  dieseldaryl 
#1 ·
pulled code 520 194 2. Throttle safety signal. Signal out of range, any ideas on what this is and how to fix it, thanks

#5 ·
Finally broke down and called the service department at the dealer, only reason I hadn't called is that I figured they wouldn't tell me anything and want me to bring it in, well the guy I got was very nice and told me that the throttle cable just needed adjusting and told me how to do it. Now I am up and running. He informed me that some of the older and alot more newer models have a safety switch that comes up when the cable is not adjusted right, thought that this might help someone else. Thanks.

#6 ·
Glad ya fixed it.

#8 ·
I had to cut the cover off the adjustment cable coming from the throttle to adjust it and it worked for awhile and started it up again so I got to looking and I think I'm going to have to get a new cable. The service man at Paloris was very helpful. I know this must be the problem because of it working for the time it did, I just wished there were a way to bypass the sensor that causes it to quit taking the gas. I really think what happened is that I was coming out of the woods behind my house and something somehow jerked the cable and messed it up.

#9 ·
The rubber adjustment cover will slide up the cable. No reason to cut it off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.