Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV New Members

ATV New Members If you are new here please post in this section so everyone can get to know you. This will be a kind of icebreaker section for new members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 11:45 AM

Member #7347
2010 850 xp problems

Hi guys, I have been reading these post for a while now. I started before I made my mind up to buy a 2010 850 xp eps. I really love the machine. The power and ride are second to none. My problem is the rear end noise/problems. I have had it back to the dealer twice to have it checked out and I was assured that everything I was hearing was normal. Six months and ten days later a guy that I work with takes the plunge and buys a 2011 850xp. As he is thanking me for recommending the Polaris I tell him we should get together and go riding. I also asked if the noise in the rear end has bothered him and he said he didn't notice any noise so I thought I was being over critical of my machine. When we got together to ride I asked if I could take his machine for a ride because I was still wondering if the noise that I can hear is normal. His machine didn't make a bit of noise when compared to mine! Mine clicks and howls like real aggressive tires going down a paved road all the time. Since it was new and I have been told two times at the dealer that "that's just the way the new Polaris 850s are" Now my warranty is up I can see myself getting stuck with a huge bill because they will find a problem this time. It really sucks that someone puts $10,000 of their hard earned money on a machine and still has to worry about putting more money into it with only 12 hrs and 105 miles. My last machine was a Honda 450es that is ten years old with over 3700 miles on it and all that I have had to do is normal oil, grease, filter changes and two batteries. I will let you know how things turn out at the dealer. If they tell me I'm stuck with the bill the Polaris will be headed down the road. I wont stand by a company that doesn't stand by it's customers. This seemed like the best place for me to vent my anger. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 09-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Supporting Vendor
Premium Member

Member #1219
I would suggest try another dealer. My first 09 850XP develop the clicking noise in the rear. It was 6 months out of warranty but my dealer called Polaris and they replaced the rear axles free of charge. Best of luck!

BTW Welcome to the forum!

Owner of Thor's TheATVSuperStore.com. Where we test what we sell and only sell the best!

2012 Sportsman 850XP Orange Madness. TheATVSuperStore.com lock and ride rear box, 60" American Eagle Plow w/ETS, Collett headsets, heated grips/thumb, shield, ATV Mirrors, 3 in 1 ATV hitch, RotoPax fuel pack built in front box, Orange Ricochet A Arm Guards, 26" STI Black Diamond XTR tires on HD3 Wheels, TheATVSuperStore Helmet & HID lights all from www.TheATVSuperStore.com
Old 09-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Polaris ATV Legend
Premium Member

Member #193
Welcome to the board!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #1364
Mine clunks bad going from forward to reverse and from reverse to forward and they say that's normal but it has very little wine driving down the road. I have 1200 miles on mine. Buy a Grizzly 700 next time!!!
2009 Red Grizzly 700 EPS
2009 Silver Rhino 700
2008 Raptor 700 95HP
2010 Haulmark 28' race trailer

Last edited by terb; 09-18-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:26 PM

Member #4344
Noise!

Mine also makes noise, but no clunking or clicking. Just a kind of a timed howl comin from the rear end somewhere. Its definately not a solid sound but one with a beat that speeds up as I do. It sounds like this -- -- -- -- instead of like this ----------, know what I mean? It almost sounds like something is warped, but I cant find anything. It kinda bugs me but its been like that from day one. Mine is a 2009 850. My dad just bought a 2010 and his does the exact same thing. I think its normal. mine has 1400 miles and his has 200 miles and the noise is pretty much identical.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #3440
if you had it at the dealer twice for that problem, they are suppose to report to polaris any problems like that. That way in the future, if something does break out of warranty, it will get fixed for you at no charge.

For future reference here is what I found by talking to polaris, Call them and report any problem with your machine even if it's been at the dealer or not for repairs. ( Just in case your dealer did NOT) The customer service reps will take your vin# and put your report in their database, that way, if something does happen, you are covered

2010 Sportsman 850 XP EPS
2008 Sportsman 400 H.O.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #2920
Send a message via AIM to Smoothbassman Send a message via Skype™ to Smoothbassman
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder01 View Post
if you had it at the dealer twice for that problem, they are suppose to report to polaris any problems like that. That way in the future, if something does break out of warranty, it will get fixed for you at no charge.

For future reference here is what I found by talking to polaris, Call them and report any problem with your machine even if it's been at the dealer or not for repairs. ( Just in case your dealer did NOT) The customer service reps will take your vin# and put your report in their database, that way, if something does happen, you are covered
Agreed. There has been a noise in the rear of my quad for some time now. I had it documented and signed by the dealer to CYA. I have a copy of the report and plan on taking it back in to address sometime soon as the sound is still there after two more months of riding.
  • Front Lock n Ride Storage Box
  • WES Lock and Ride Rear Touring Box
  • Rotopax Front Storage Fuel Cells
  • Hand Warmers
  • Garmin GPSMap 62S
  • 27" Grim Reapers
  • 8000K HID Lights
  • Ricochet Full Skid Kit
  • Go Pro Hero 3 Black Edition
Old 11-15-2010, 01:29 PM

Member #9171
Angry Noise in reverse.

2010 xps 850 EPS

I also hear a noise in reverse that sounds like clicking. Not sure what it is and the warranty ended a few months ago. Click click click. Hmmm what to do.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #1986
I believe there was a recall on some of the XP axles. Apparently, they should have recalled them all.

Seriously, I know some folks who have had the axles replaced... only to have the same issue a short time latter. I guess those of you with XP's will know sometime down the road if it is a serious problem... or not.

Good luck with them.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by terb View Post
Mine clunks bad going from forward to reverse and from reverse to forward and they say that's normal but it has very little wine d riving down the road. I have 1200 miles on mine. Buy a Grizzly 700 next time!!!
or a 750 King Quad w/EPS.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV New Members

Tags
850 xp, noise, rear end, warranty

Search tags for this page

2010 polaris 850 xp problems

2010 polaris 850 xp recalls

2010 polaris 850 xp reviews

2010 polaris 850 xp starter problems
2010 polaris sportsman 850 xp problems
2010 sportsman 850 xp problems
850 xp problems
polaris 850 atv problems
polaris 850 starter

polaris 850 xp problems

polaris 850 xp starter
polaris xp 850 problems
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.