Ceramic coating - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Performance Modifications

ATV Performance Modifications Have Modifications? Want to ask about a mod? Having problems with a certain mod? Ask and post here! Carbs, Exhausts, Engines, Etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2016, 05:48 PM

Member #89218
Ceramic coating

Has anyone ceramic coated their exhaust on a 850 xp to control exhaust heat?
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 10-07-2016, 09:40 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!
Premium Member

Member #54032
Send a message via Skype™ to kaerzet
I thought about that / didn't melt any plastics yet... but I can feel the heat on right side on ours 850's... maybe I'll go for it next summer ...
subscribed ...
Old 10-08-2016, 12:10 AM

Member #89218
Jet hot thinks they have a product that will work, but with the coating cost and work to remove the system I'd like to learn more before I take the leap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2016, 09:02 AM

Member #89218
I wish I could say that, melted the black piece pulling a 40 gallon atv sprayer on my powerline cut. Luckily had a bottle of water to put out the fire when it hit the exhaust. I love the torque but damn this heat issue is annoying.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #43436
I'm not on a 850, but I just got my exhaust back from Jet-Hot & mounted back up Wednesday night.
Hopefully will get a good ride in this weekend to see if it makes a difference with the coating. I really want to feel a difference because it wasn't cheap to get it done and you have to pay for shipping both ways!
Removing the exhaust wasn't tough at all, but a spring puller is almost a necessity to me.
Denali Snow Plow
Polaris HD Front Springs
Kenda Executioners

Old 10-08-2016, 04:15 PM

Member #89218
Great let me know how it works. They recommended the 2500 for mine which coating did you use? I agree on the cost, the estimate for mine was sobering but I'll do it if it looks like it will work.

Jim

Last edited by Farm850; 10-08-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:31 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #43436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm850 View Post
Great let me know how it works. They recommended the 2500 for mine which coating did you use? I agree on the cost, the estimate for mine was sobering but I'll do it if it looks like it will work.

Jim
I don't understand why they would suggest the 2500, mine has the 1300 coating. Went messing around with my brother today, some trail riding, some flat track high speed stuff, and a little mud. Seemed to have taken longer for the fan to come on and I rode in shorts all day without having to move my leg. Before the coating I couldn't keep my right leg in one position for very long because it felt like a furnace was blowing on it. I think it's worth the money in the long run unless you plan to put aftermarket exhaust on.
Attached Thumbnails
Ceramic coating-img_0514-edited-.jpg   Ceramic coating-img_0515-edited-.jpg   Ceramic coating-img_0516-edited-.jpg   Ceramic coating-img_0512-edited-.jpg   Ceramic coating-img_0513-edited-.jpg  

Denali Snow Plow
Polaris HD Front Springs
Kenda Executioners

Old 10-08-2016, 07:47 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #85418
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyred570 View Post
Quote:

Jim
I don't understand why they would suggest the 2500, mine has the 1300 coating. Went messing around with my brother today, some trail riding, some flat track high speed stuff, and a little mud. Seemed to have taken longer for the fan to come on and I rode in shorts all day without having to move my leg. Before the coating I couldn't keep my right leg in one position for very long because it felt like a furnace was blowing on it. I think it's worth the money in the long run unless you plan to put aftermarket exhaust on.
Well I think your pictures answer somebody's question if they spray the inside or outside or both.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:33 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #43436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender60 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyred570 View Post
Quote:

Jim
Well I think your pictures answer somebody's question if they spray the inside or outside or both.
It is coated inside also (I called about it to make sure). It's a two step process, first the protective coating inside & out then the color of your choice. The first coat is a primer gray color which you can see in the pics, then they spray the color you choose on the outside only.
Denali Snow Plow
Polaris HD Front Springs
Kenda Executioners

Old 10-09-2016, 03:49 AM

Member #89218
I'm glad to hear it worked well for you. I think I will have mine done this winter after archery season. I also think I will call Jet-Hot and discuss coating selection. I really appreciate your input.

Jim

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Performance Modifications

Search tags for this page

ceramic headers worth money

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.