Polaris ATV Forum banner

predator rebuild

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  elmerkit 
#1 ·
ok i have a 2005 pred and it needs rebuilt im wanting to bore it out but i dont want to go with a bbk because of the reliability issues id also like to gain a little low end power if possible whats a good bore size and any ideas? o and im only running 93 octane gas

#2 ·
are u sending ur cylinder off and getting another one thats already bored?? or are u getting ur original cylinder back? if u get a different cylinder, i'd get one of the bigger bores, if ur getting ur original back, i would start out at the smallest bore possible to make ur cylinders straight, ur machinist will be able to tell u how much u need to take out to get it straight

#4 ·
I like Wiesco, also I would ceramic coat the piston and rings. I did this to a Modded Polaris XCR SP and never had another meltdown even with bad gas. The Triples where prone to meltdown on the Jack shaft side. It has got over 3000 miles today. The piston should run about 50 degrees cooler. That might not seem alot. But if your running the edge that 50 dregrees can make the difference in meltdown or not. Cheap insurance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.