Looking to "Crank up HP" a bit, any suggestions? - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Performance Modifications

ATV Performance Modifications Have Modifications? Want to ask about a mod? Having problems with a certain mod? Ask and post here! Carbs, Exhausts, Engines, Etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2016, 04:21 PM

Member #44800
Looking to "Crank up HP" a bit, any suggestions?

Hi,

I have a 2003 carb Polaris Sportsman 700. I am looking to see what I can do to add some Power to my machine. I don't trail ride with it, I use it for Utility work around my fishing resort. I haul and drag a lot of dock sections, boat lifts etc.

I am looking for any ideas or suggestions you guys might have to increase the Horsepower or power in general to make work like dragging boat lifts and such around a bit easier. So I am just wondering what you guys think I could do or add to it, short of a new motor, to give it some more power. I am not looking for speed, just power or torque.

I have not done much to it in the 6 or so years that I have owned it. Just regular maintenance type things, fluid changes, u-joints and boots, the electrical system upgrade for that flawed one they put in at the factory and that's about it. I am going to rebuild the Water pump area because I have some oil in my antifreeze and that appears to be the problem, that seal in there. I might start that tonight.

Also, a couple of things I have noticed with it is a clunking when taking off or moving slowly, I have read that they do have some normal clunking like that but not sure. After changing all the fluids I am also having a bit of a problem "finding" reverse. Before I used to just pop it in "R", now it seems to be touchy and I have to "feel" for it to get it into Reverse even if the display says I am in Reverse. A couple of times it even popped out of Reverse. This is the only gear this happens in.

Any help or suggestions you guys might have would be appreciated. I have been reading this forum for several years but don't post very often lol.
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 12-24-2016, 05:06 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #31549
Sounds like your clutches needs some attention. They are due for disassembly, cleaning and wear items changed. If you're looking for more torque, I'd look at a clutch kit in combination with a carb kit.

Mark
Rubberdown 1 1/2" lift
Cecco frame braces
JC Capri bushings
Rotopax fuel packs on custom mounts
Garmin 60CSx with Ram mount
Polaris 2500# winch with synthetic rope
Polaris front & rear brush guards
Polaris bar & thumb heaters
Polaris passenger grip heaters
NGK (6043) ILZKAR7A10 plugs

Good, fast, cheap.....pick 2!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Performance Modifications

Tags
horse power, mod kits, mods, power, torque