Polaris ATV Forum banner

Who Makes the best belt?

58K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  xOUTLAWx 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 2006 Sportsman 800 EFI and I wanted to see who makes the best replacement drive belt?

I checked the cost for a new Polaris belt and they are $179.00

I thought that seemed kind of high and thought for the money maybe there is a better aftermarket belt out there.

Any suggestions?

#3 ·
x2 @ Polaris -or- Gates

#4 ·
Reactions: JAye whitehat
#5 ·
Polaris belts are the best you can put on the machine.
Some have claimed that gates is the actual manufacturer of Polaris's belts and I haven't heard a complaint about a gates belt to date.

#6 · (Edited)
Gates G-Force Aramid ATV and Snowmobile drive belts deliver exceptional CVT transmission performance in a drop-in OEM-upgrade design. These high-performance Kevlar-fiber reinforced belts provide maximum power-transmission and superior clutch/variator torque-multiplier response for recreational trail-riding or demanding off-road riding and competitive events. G-Force is simply one of the best Power-Sport drive belts available at any price.

Developed by the Leader in Belt Innovation and Technology, Gates G-Force Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) Belts feature:

*Direct OEM belt replacement = Zero clutch/variator spring or fly-weight adjustment required at installation. Get even more performance from your machine by tuning your CVT system.

*Designed and manufactured to exacting specifications which meet or exceed OEM belt performance, delivering fast and consistent transmission response at low, medium, or high speeds.

*Vehicle-specific “drop-in” designs for OEM clutch/variator systems from Arctic Cat, Can-Am, Ski-Doo (Bombardier), Honda, Kawasaki, John Deere, Polaris, Suzuki, Yamaha, and more.

*Exceptional OEM CVT performance without clutch re-calibration - Matches OEM belt shift curves and pulley speed ratios with minimal slip under extreme-torque conditions.

*Meets the needs of the most aggressive riders and demanding off-road conditions, with increased horsepower and torque handling capability to maximize performance of medium to high-horsepower machines.

*Designed for superior fit, performance and durability. Tested under severe environmental conditions to deliver maximum performance in any type of terrain, in any weather condition. Dynamometer testing proves G-Force belts outlast other belts by as much as 5 times based on lifetime comparison of ATV belts with 29.5 lb.ft. (40Nm) loading, two-point dynamometer testing. G-Force Part number 30G3750.

*Kevlar Aramid fiber cords provide extreme tensile-strength and durability, yet maintain belt flexibility for outstanding CVT operation under the widely varying speed and torque loads encountered during rapid acceleration and EBS-system braking

*Reinforced high-temperature Neoprene rubber body compounds provide high lateral compression-strength and optimal friction in CVT pulley sheaves.

*Rounded inner cog construction increases belt flexibility and improves clutch pulley intake and out-feed for smoother CVT operation. Model specific trapezoidal top-notch designs improve heat-dissipation for cooler belt and primary/secondary clutch operation.

Designed and manufactured by Gates Co., a leading US supplier of Industrial, Automotive and Power-Sport belts, with over 50 years experience in high-performance belt technology.
Built to withstand abuse using advanced tensile-cord, adhesion layer and body materials a complete belt design offering a 1-year Snowmobile and 2-year ATV/UTV warranty.
Gates G-Force belts are warranteed to the original purchaser from defects in materials and workmanship for one year for snowmobile belts and two years for ATV/UTV belts from the date of purchase under normal use. This warranty shall be automatically null and void if the belt is used under abnormal conditions including but not exclusive to racing or any competitive event, case of improper installation, alignment, application clutch case sealing, towing or poor clutch condition. Final authorization on warranted product to be made by Gates Corporation.

Attachments

#7 ·
#10 ·
I recently bought a 2006 Sportsman 800 EFI and I wanted to see who makes the best replacement drive belt?

I checked the cost for a new Polaris belt and they are $179.00

I thought that seemed kind of high and thought for the money maybe there is a better aftermarket belt out there.

Any suggestions?
Where was it 179 bucks at? I don't think I gave that much for mine at a dealership. I'd look elsewhere and find a cheaper one.
Right???!!! Sounds more like an XP belt price. I bought a spare belt about 5yrs ago and have since installed it. If memory serves me right I thought I paid $65.

#11 ·
It was 179.00 at Ride Now in Phoenix.

I ordered the Gates G-force online last night. The price is right and from what everyone is saying they make a good belt so I will see how it goes. I will update the post once the belts installed to let everyone know how it turned out.

Thanks for all the advice.

#13 ·
I like EPI hd belts, oem ones seem to slip and stink more.

Reactions: 5254
#18 ·
Good to know the epi belts are getting good recommendations. I bought this one at a discount. It's my back up now. Since the picture I have installed the Polaris belt.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.