My Frame Brace Install & Question - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Performance Modifications Have Modifications? Want to ask about a mod? Having problems with a certain mod? Ask and post here! Carbs, Exhausts, Engines, Etc...

2Likes
  • 1 Post By AAnderson88
  • 1 Post By AAnderson88

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
My Frame Brace Install & Question

So Guys/Gals,

I installed my front Frame Bracers (Cecco) tonight. Went off without a hitch. Everythign lined p well- I was surprised (and happy) because I ride fairly hard.

I noticed on Ricks site he also sells rears.

Have any of you done the rears also? I am hoping the Front are the more important ones to do?

Not sure why all 4 aren't in a kit......

2016 Sportsman Touring 850SP
Ricochet Full Armor- Anodized Red
Rick Cecco Frame Bracers
Gorilla Whips - Silverback LED Whip
ATV-Guru Rear Bumper
RAM Mount- Use Polaris RideCommand App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 04:42 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Ordered front and rear together. I put them on a couple weeks ago. Did it as a precaution don't want to run into trouble in the future. I ride pretty hard also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jhalpinjr likes this.

2015 SPORTSMAN XP1000 - BLACK PEARL
Front & Rear XP Bumpers
Polaris 2500HD Winch Synthetic Rope
Lock & Ride Front Cargo Storage
Symtec Heated Hand Warmers & Polaris Handguards
Cecco Front & Rear Frame Braces
Kimpex XP Rear Box Seat Lock & Go System
HD ATV GEAR Pinion Cover - Red
Ricochet Full Skid Plates w/Red Anodoized A-Arms
Kenda 28" Bear Claw HTR's
**POLARIS EXHAUST UPDATE DONE AFTER BLOWN EXHAUST & MELTED PLASTICS**
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAnderson88 View Post
Ordered front and rear together. I put them on a couple weeks ago. Did it as a precaution don't want to run into trouble in the future. I ride pretty hard also.

Well I contacted Rick and purchased the rears. They are on there way. Hope they install as easy as the fronts.

The fronts were easy peasy. No issues at all.

Rick Cecco Frame Bracers
ATV-Guru Rear Bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhalpinjr View Post
Quote:

Well I contacted Rick and purchased the rears. They are on there way. Hope they install as easy as the fronts.

The fronts were easy peasy. No issues at all.

Whata Fkn B&^&*^$&^$%(& it was to put the rears on. Half hole off... Tires removed...and the "BING"
I remembered someone on this forum used needle nose vise grips in the hole, and then regular visegrips on the side to hold the plate in the proper position.

That was the ticket! After doing that the braces were on in 5 minutes.......

So whomever that was that posted that idea: Many thanks and I owe you a few beers!

Oh and one more thing: I had to grind the brace and repaint the bottom to make clearance for the brake line. There was NO way the line was going to fit without crushing it. MKe sure you have a grinder, dremel or wheel if you decide to out these on!

Rick Cecco Frame Bracers
ATV-Guru Rear Bumper

Last edited by jhalpinjr; 04-19-2017 at 04:44 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 06:56 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Yeah, I had to grind the corner (and paint) on my front brace because one corner was hitting a little. No big deal, but Rick, in case you're reading... Anyway, the kit I installed for my Tatou T4S tracks had a frame brace for the rear as part of it, so I didn't have to by it separately.

2015 Sportsman XP 1000 Touring
Bronze Mist
QSC Clutch Kit
Ricochet Ultimate Armor Kit
HighLifter 2" lift kit
Kenda Bearclaw HTR 28" tires
Cecco frame braces
Cecco billet front pinion cover
2" hitch w/bottle opener
Mid smoke windshield
Tatou 4s tracks for the snow
Garmin Oregon GPS
Synth winch line and Hawse fairlead
LED headlights
Wired for electric helmets

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 11:26 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Weird I didn't have to do any grinder of the braces. Front and Rears fit on fine with the brake lines going over & under. The only delay I had was on the fronts and moving the winch, but that was still only a few bolts.
jhalpinjr likes this.

2015 SPORTSMAN XP1000 - BLACK PEARL
Front & Rear XP Bumpers
Polaris 2500HD Winch Synthetic Rope
Lock & Ride Front Cargo Storage
Symtec Heated Hand Warmers & Polaris Handguards
Cecco Front & Rear Frame Braces
Kimpex XP Rear Box Seat Lock & Go System
HD ATV GEAR Pinion Cover - Red
Ricochet Full Skid Plates w/Red Anodoized A-Arms
Kenda 28" Bear Claw HTR's
**POLARIS EXHAUST UPDATE DONE AFTER BLOWN EXHAUST & MELTED PLASTICS**
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Weird I didn't have to do any grinder of the braces. Front and Rears fit on fine with the brake lines going over & under. The only delay I had was on the fronts and moving the winch, but that was still only a few bolts.

Wish mine were that easy. The fronts were great. The rears sucked azz. Lol

Rick Cecco Frame Bracers
ATV-Guru Rear Bumper
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:08 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:

This is a first on having to modify the frame braces I have heard of in 3 years - the early design has been updated 3 times to make installation easier so lets figure out the issue..

For instance if you skipped the instruction / steps of: (1) removing the skid plate or (2) loosening the brake line clamp to pull slack out of brake line (there is plenty slack BTW) you could have this issue. Skipping these steps seem like not big deal but its no different than trying to replace a tire with the wheel still bolted to the ATV - it can be done but it be much easier if you took the wheel / tire off. And I know people DO NOT WANT to pull the skid plates.....

If I remember correctly you did have an issue understanding how to install the rear braces which you emailed me for further instructions beyond what was provided?

PLEASE always email me pictures or diagram of issues so we can review it and make possible changes.

I am not hear to defend, take blame or point fingers - I am here to HELP so if I can make a change to the design I will.

Thanks,
Rick
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickCecco View Post
Quote:
Quote:

This is a first on having to modify the frame braces I have heard of in 3 years - the early design has been updated 3 times to make installation easier so lets figure out the issue..

For instance if you skipped the instruction / steps of: (1) removing the skid plate or (2) loosening the brake line clamp to pull slack out of brake line (there is plenty slack BTW) you could have this issue. Skipping these steps seem like not big deal but its no different than trying to replace a tire with the wheel still bolted to the ATV - it can be done but it be much easier if you took the wheel / tire off. And I know people DO NOT WANT to pull the skid plates.....

If I remember correctly you did have an issue understanding how to install the rear braces which you emailed me for further instructions beyond what was provided?

PLEASE always email me pictures or diagram of issues so we can review it and make possible changes.

I am not hear to defend, take blame or point fingers - I am here to HELP so if I can make a change to the design I will.

Thanks,
Rick
Hi Rick! Thanks for the feedback, and your help. Yes you did help me with the instructions in regards to the bolts and where the bracers actually went on the rear A arms. I did take off all the tires and skids plates as I was also prepping for new Ricochet Skid Plates. I removed the P clip holding the brake line- I actually didn't have much slack to work with at all- none to pull from forward, and the amount in the rear was minimal to cover suspension travel?- possible shorter line? Maybe the slack was secured much further up in the front...

With my bracers in the fully installed position I had less than 3/16" clearance to the diff- not enough clearance for the brake line. (actually couldn't even seat the bracer in the full install position with the brake line interference-again this is the rear most piece, where the line is to go above the brace) Pictured from the install position I had to grind the right side right where the horizontal part meets the diagonal that runs up to the mounting hole. I removed about an 1/8" depth of material, rounded the edges and used exterior enamel paint.

I will try to post some pics and send to you as well. I am hoping i can still see it clearly - as I just put the full Armor Ricochet skid plates on at completion of the brace project. I will check it out tonight when I return from work.

I love how stout the bracers are. Definitely give me piece of mind on this part of the frame!

Rick Cecco Frame Bracers
ATV-Guru Rear Bumper
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:42 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickCecco View Post
Quote:

Thanks,
Rick
Hi Rick! Thanks for the feedback, and your help. Yes you did help me with the instructions in regards to the bolts and where the bracers actually went on the rear A arms. I did take off all the tires and skids plates as I was also prepping for new Ricochet Skid Plates. I removed the P clip holding the brake line- I actually didn't have much slack to work with at all- none to pull from forward, and the amount in the rear was minimal to cover suspension travel?- possible shorter line? Maybe the slack was secured much further up in the front...

With my bracers in the fully installed position I had less than 3/16" clearance to the diff- not enough clearance for the brake line. (actually couldn't even seat the bracer in the full install position with the brake line interference-again this is the rear most piece, where the line is to go above the brace) Pictured from the install position I had to grind the right side right where the horizontal part meets the diagonal that runs up to the mounting hole. I removed about an 1/8" depth of material, rounded the edges and used exterior enamel paint.

I will try to post some pics and send to you as well. I am hoping i can still see it clearly - as I just put the full Armor Ricochet skid plates on at completion of the brace project. I will check it out tonight when I return from work.

I love how stout the bracers are. Definitely give me piece of mind on this part of the frame!

Please send the pictures so I can review this. I know the frames and rear differentials have not changed in size or shape in that particular area since 2009 so I am very curious.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode