Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Performance Modifications

ATV Performance Modifications Have Modifications? Want to ask about a mod? Having problems with a certain mod? Ask and post here! Carbs, Exhausts, Engines, Etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #6579
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgirard420 View Post
sound quality is good too!
This is what I like best about it! The EPIC was aweful!! For the $$ I just may have to have one too!

CW
Running 26" Maxxis Big Horns on Crusher Black alloy rims, 1.25'' Spacers, EPI clutch kit W/spring mods, HD springs F&R, Moose front/Ricochet rear CV guards, Moose tank bag, Polaris rack extensions, Lock-N-Ride lo & hi windshields, Acerbis hand guards, CUSTOM mirrors & mounts . A 3000# Gorilla winch, W/Am-Steel blue synthetic line, running thru a winch saver and an aluminum fairleed. Thor's foot pegs and CUSTOM rear rack support frame. L&R WES seat box W/LED light & internal 12V plug. L&R Sportsman Box W/ internal 12V plug. CUSTOM front and rear mud flaps, CUSTOM dual side mounted 1.5 Gal Kolpin gas cans, Modified stock muffler with a rear exit & 800 air box lid W/UNI air filter, for better flow in & out.

Next mods: Thor fender flairs & 800 Head pipes.

CALL Thor @ www.TheATVSuperStore.com - 815-321-3888

Check out my ATV videos and please subscribe!! https://www.youtube.com/user/cwlongshot

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 08-23-2011, 05:47 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #9634
video camera mount

made one for the lock and ride for my Gopro 1/4 thick pc alluminum scrap ground to shape and screwed into factory screw hole in box used 3 m mount that came with camera srayed with bedliner paint locks in nicely and able to keep an eye on it easier to operate than on helmet and provides cool view overfront
Attached Thumbnails
Video cameras-img_0084.jpg   Video cameras-img_0086.jpg   Video cameras-img_0083.jpg  
Old 08-24-2011, 03:49 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #6579
Wink

Looks great 850 TR!! I also like the footage filmed from this position!

Here is a really good comparison between the Epic and Midland.

These two clips where shot at same time. Under same lighting from same position on right side of handle bars. The Midland is on a 4" piece of 1/4x20 threaded rod. The Epic in a 1/16" flat steel mount. Both quite rigid.

The first is the Midland second Epic.

Here is pops Midland:

Check out this video on YouTube:

This is from my leade machine filmed with the Epic:

Check out this video on YouTube:

Sent from my iPhone
Running 26" Maxxis Big Horns on Crusher Black alloy rims, 1.25'' Spacers, EPI clutch kit W/spring mods, HD springs F&R, Moose front/Ricochet rear CV guards, Moose tank bag, Polaris rack extensions, Lock-N-Ride lo & hi windshields, Acerbis hand guards, CUSTOM mirrors & mounts . A 3000# Gorilla winch, W/Am-Steel blue synthetic line, running thru a winch saver and an aluminum fairleed. Thor's foot pegs and CUSTOM rear rack support frame. L&R WES seat box W/LED light & internal 12V plug. L&R Sportsman Box W/ internal 12V plug. CUSTOM front and rear mud flaps, CUSTOM dual side mounted 1.5 Gal Kolpin gas cans, Modified stock muffler with a rear exit & 800 air box lid W/UNI air filter, for better flow in & out.

Check out my ATV videos and please subscribe!! https://www.youtube.com/user/cwlongshot

Last edited by cwlongshot; 08-24-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #17443
I'm not knocking other cameras...but I would vote for the GoPro HD. I've been using one in my truck for a year or more and the quality and frame rate are GREAT. I just ordered another case so I can mount it on the bike. I'm just stuck deciding 'where' to put it.

My first thought was on the front in the little spot next to the winch. I figured that this would give it better protection from branches and brush, BUT I couldn't resist ordering the LCD 'BacPac' attachment too. Admittedly it would be pretty cool/convenient to be able to see what your shooting while out and about, so, if I use the BacPac I'll probably go for a handle-bar/pod mount...dunno. That's my weekend project, I'm sure I'll figure something out.

The only issue I can think of with the GoPro is that it can be a little finicky about memory cards. I use a Patriot 32GB SDHC and haven't had a single problem. They've posted recommendations on SD cards on their support site (Frequently Asked Questions About GoPro HD HERO Camera & Accessories) stick with a name brand and you'll be fine.

Also, make sure you have the latest firmware update for your camera (GoPro Customer Support - Contact Us for Knowledge & Instruction) as they always seem to add new features with each new release.

Last edited by guruerror; 09-08-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:26 PM

Member #16179
I finally made it out on the Sportsman with my Contour HD. It came with a helmet mount that uses the goggle strap (which I like for smoother video). The lasers that shine out the front to help with alignment are a nice feature, and the large sliding "record" switch leaves no doubt that you are catching the action. The only down side compared to the GoPro is the narrower field of view (135 degrees verses 171, I think). Again this video is shot at 640 X 480 to save memory. So far I am very happy with this camera!

Old 09-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #17443
I did some test runs with the GoPro this weekend to figure out where to mount it...I ended up going with my first thought, next to the winch.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #6579
Yes the GOPRO is the one to get... We will see how the funds are when the time comes. I have been watching EBay.

CW

Old 10-25-2011, 10:11 PM

Member #19516
I used the contour today, 170 field of vision easy to set up and you can view it from your android via bluetooth, when i downloaded the video for editing i couldnt believe the quality of the video,(it was far better than even I thought it would be) i got a buddy rolling with the gopro...good cam great video aswell but the contour was much easier to use, easier to site in and easier to view while setting it up, for me its hands down...Contour, the thing even comes with an internal and external mic hook up on a lapel mic.( and the audio was great).

Last edited by Bucket; 10-26-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: add content
Old 10-27-2011, 08:17 PM

Member #16179
The following is a video made using one ContourHD and two GoPro cameras.
The RZR has a GoPro, as well as the the one mounted on top of the helmet. The side mounted cam is the Contour.

Of the three, the GoPro in the RZR seems to have the best picture. I think that is at least partly due to the location it is mounted (out of the sun and dust). It is worth noting that due to a small memory card (2Gb), the Contour footage was filmed at a resolution of 640 X 480.

Fall ATV Ride on Vimeo

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with either camera.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #11494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil030 View Post
The following is a video made using one ContourHD and two GoPro cameras.
Great video Phil! I liked the way you combined the footage so it flows like a motion picture. Like when the guy on the can-am is stuck, you see it from afar, then his perspective, then afar again. Good tunes never hurt either.
  • 25" GBC Spartacus, EPI Clutch Kit, Full Ricochet Armor, Polaris 2500 lb Winch Rear Box & Hand Guards, SuperATV Bumpers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Performance Modifications

Search tags for this page
cv-10 camera polaris utube
gas can to fit in front sportsman 500 box
need green headlights on my polaris sportsman
polaris atv cameras
polaris video camera

polaris video cameras

poloris video camera
video camera front of atv
video cameras fot atvs
where to mount gopro on polaris sportsman
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.