Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Performance Modifications

ATV Performance Modifications Have Modifications? Want to ask about a mod? Having problems with a certain mod? Ask and post here! Carbs, Exhausts, Engines, Etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 02:40 PM

Member #3244
increased speed for trailboss 330

This is my first post on this forum. I just bought my wife a 2010 trailboss 330. what a dissapointment, our son's yamaha ttr50 dirtbike is faster and its top speed is 30 mph. Is there a rev limiter on this (dealer says no) or something that can be done?
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #3177
Welcome to the forum, I'm not 100% sure how to fix your issue, I read a review of the 2010 Trailboss, and they actually comment several times about the incredible speed. Might want to take it back and have them look at it.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Member #230
these things arent powerhouses but you cant get it above 30mph?.... epecially with a female rider.....i rode an 09 trailboss 330 for a couple mins once and i weight 265lbs and it probably topped out around 45 mph.

does it seem like it is running right? no backfire, hesitation, anything like that, and im guessing it is completely bone stock?
Old 02-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Polaris ATV Legend
Premium Member

Member #193
And welcome to the board!
Old 02-19-2010, 04:03 AM

Member #3244
Thank you for the replies. Yes it is bone stock, just got it saturday. It isn't missing or backfiring but it will not run at all (even when cold) with the choke on at all.

Was the review of the 2010 in a print magazine or on the web, a link to it would be great.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Member #230
i would guess that would be your problem right there, it not wanting to run cold with the choke on. sounds like your machine is very very lean. and since it is running so lean, it isnt making as much power on the ignition stroke as it should be. depending on your elevation and temperature, and the machine being brand new, it is very possible the jetting it off. its not uncommon to have to make tweaks to jetting once the machine is where it will be ridden.

also, dunno if the dealer told you this, but brand new the 330 engines can be cold-blooded to start up for a while until they break in. once they get some time and miles on them, they run a lot better
Old 02-19-2010, 03:08 PM

Member #3244
Dealer called back today and says there is a rev limiter built into the ecu. Does anyone make a replacement or add on ecu that removes the rev limiter? I know this isn't my 700 raptor and don't expect it to run like one but I do want it to be able to pass our sons TTR-50.

If this is lean, wouldn't it run better with the choke on?

Thank you again for the replies.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Member #230
not necesarily....with the choke on, it dumps a lot of fuel into the bowl. it is actually not recommended to ride the machine with the choke on, because with the higher RPM's, the fuel system becomes more pressurized, and it can flood the carb quite fast. if there is too much fuel in the float bowl, the machine will seem lethargic. it wont have the get up and go or the top speed it should, and it also possibly wont backfire cause all that extra fuel doesnt make it to the cylinder, it stays in the carb.

should ask the dealer about re-flashing the ECM
Old 02-25-2010, 06:37 AM
papabare

Member #
If it is a new quad, then return it to the dealer and have him fix it, replace it or get your money back.
There should be no questions asked by the dealer if he is respectable!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:30 PM

Member #3244
Thanks for the help guys, this turned into a 550 Grizzly

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Performance Modifications

Search tags for this page
2008 polaris trailblazer 330
how fast does a polaris 330 trail boss go
polaris 330 top speed
polaris 330 trail boss top speed
polaris 330 trailblazer top speed
polaris trail blazer 330 top speed
polaris trail boss 330 performance parts

polaris trail boss 330 top speed

polaris trailblazer 330 performance

polaris trailblazer 330 performance parts

polaris trailblazer 330 top speed

trail boss 330 top speed

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.