Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Performance Modifications

ATV Performance Modifications Have Modifications? Want to ask about a mod? Having problems with a certain mod? Ask and post here! Carbs, Exhausts, Engines, Etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 PM

Member #23028
Clutch kits clutch kits clutch kit! Help me out guys.

I am at the point where I'm sick and tired of reading.. I have been trying to study and decide on what clutch kit is for me... Let me tell you how I ride and maybe you can help me decide. I ride hard and fast! I know that may sound dumb but its true! I'm not into mud anymore I'm all about TOP END and instant response from the clutch. I push my 700 to limits at any chance I get in corners and hills.. The ideal clutch kit in my head would give me the off the line snap that I want and I need easier wheel spin in the corners so I can slide easier.. I'm even taking off the 26" that I'm running now and going back to a stocker 25".. So my main question is.. What kit will do this for me.. I really don't want to loose top end while gaining bottom end. Should i go with heel clicker? Or simply just get heavier fly weights and utilize the stock primary spring? Also does anyone know if there are OEM polaris weights that are heavier than my 2004 sportsman 700 stockers?? Any help would be awesome! And maybe some clarification..
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:05 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #9763
Call Quadshop Customs and ask for Adam. He knows clutches and will put together what you need instead of just pulling a kit off the shelf.
29.5 S/W OUTLAWS ON ITP SS312
1.5" SPACERS
GORILLA REAR PROP SHAFT
GORILLA AXLES
SUPER ATV BILLET CAGE IN FRONT DIFF.
SUPER ATV ARMATURE
WELDED LOW GEAR IN TRANSMISSION
QUAD SHOP CUSTOMS CLUTCHING
TRIANGLE ATV STEALTH SNORKLE
TRIANGLE ATV REAR RACK PLATE WITH AMMO CANS
RIDE N'REST BACKREST W/FROSTY BEVERAGE HOLDER
K&N AIR FILTER
PURE POLARIS FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS
POLARIS FRONT AND REAR RACK EXTENDERS
POLARIS 3500 WINCH

POLARIS OEM BELT
STOCK EXHAUST
Old 11-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #26512
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost cause View Post
Call Quadshop Customs and ask for Adam. He knows clutches and will put together what you need instead of just pulling a kit off the shelf.
X2
I loved my kit from them

2014 RZR 800LE Orange Madness
Old 11-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #29623
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsrt View Post
I am at the point where I'm sick and tired of reading.. I have been trying to study and decide on what clutch kit is for me... Let me tell you how I ride and maybe you can help me decide. I ride hard and fast! I know that may sound dumb but its true! I'm not into mud anymore I'm all about TOP END and instant response from the clutch. I push my 700 to limits at any chance I get in corners and hills.. The ideal clutch kit in my head would give me the off the line snap that I want and I need easier wheel spin in the corners so I can slide easier.. I'm even taking off the 26" that I'm running now and going back to a stocker 25".. So my main question is.. What kit will do this for me.. I really don't want to loose top end while gaining bottom end. Should i go with heel clicker? Or simply just get heavier fly weights and utilize the stock primary spring? Also does anyone know if there are OEM polaris weights that are heavier than my 2004 sportsman 700 stockers?? Any help would be awesome! And maybe some clarification..

I like to 'drive the hell' out of my 500 HO quite often so I put an EPI full kit in my bike (sport utility kit for stock tires). BIG BIG difference! I feel like I've gained 10 HP! I get much better throttle response, it's way easier to slide the back tires around a curve, climb hills at speed, a bit easier to wheelie and no loss of top end. I can get a rooster tail of mud going now too! Even if you have to spend the cash on a full kit you'll be glad you did, it's still way cheaper than pipe/filter/jet kit.(this is a good time for a belt change if worn) A clutch kit will be my first mod on any machine I buy in the future.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #15836
You need an Airdam Clutch. You want a little performance, go with the QSC. If you want the maximum from your bike, get a new primary from /// Airdam Clutches!
5"/2" Outlast Lift | 15" Vision 393 Matte Black | 34" Terminators | Radiator Relocated | /// Airdam CVTech w/ Ranger Belt | Custom Center Snorkel | Gorilla Axles | HL Springs | 1" Spring Spacer | Full Ricochet Armor | Looney Tuned Exhaust | GURU Bumpers | Light Bar | ODI Grips

2001 Honda Rancher ES 4x4
ITP 12" Wheels | 26x10 26x12 Mug Bugs

Southern Mudd Junkies YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/lnicholson1986

Team SOLO YouTube page
: http://www.youtube.com/user/30378AR?feature=watch
Old 11-15-2012, 08:44 PM

Member #23028
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnobrien View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsrt View Post

I like to 'drive the hell' out of my 500 HO quite often so I put an EPI full kit in my bike (sport utility kit for stock tires). BIG BIG difference! I feel like I've gained 10 HP! I get much better throttle response, it's way easier to slide the back tires around a curve, climb hills at speed, a bit easier to wheelie and no loss of top end. I can get a rooster tail of mud going now too! Even if you have to spend the cash on a full kit you'll be glad you did, it's still way cheaper than pipe/filter/jet kit.(this is a good time for a belt change if worn) A clutch kit will be my first mod on any machine I buy in the future.

See this is what I'm talking about! NO LOSS OF TOP END. That is my main concern. Lol I refuse to be felt behind on long straights by my best friends prairie 650! Lol all I want is that bottom lag gone so I can wheelie easier and spin better. Oh and I need the rooster tail to be able to spray my buddy in the face too.. Lol
Old 11-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #15836
With the /// Airdam you will gain speed in low and high.
5"/2" Outlast Lift | 15" Vision 393 Matte Black | 34" Terminators | Radiator Relocated | /// Airdam CVTech w/ Ranger Belt | Custom Center Snorkel | Gorilla Axles | HL Springs | 1" Spring Spacer | Full Ricochet Armor | Looney Tuned Exhaust | GURU Bumpers | Light Bar | ODI Grips

2001 Honda Rancher ES 4x4
ITP 12" Wheels | 26x10 26x12 Mug Bugs

Southern Mudd Junkies YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/lnicholson1986

Team SOLO YouTube page
: http://www.youtube.com/user/30378AR?feature=watch
Old 11-15-2012, 08:56 PM

Member #23028
So what is everyone's opinion about the heelclicker? I see a ton of mixed emotions about it and I'm not sure what to think???? Also does any one know if the ranger flyweights are heavier or maybe even the rzr's?? I'm willing to Frankenstein a clutch...
Old 11-15-2012, 09:02 PM

Member #23028
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30378 View Post
With the /// Airdam you will gain speed in low and high.

Um yeah... I always get a lil scared when I don't see a price! Lol if you don't mind me asking what did you pay for yours? And tell me they have a married with three kids special???
Old 11-16-2012, 04:26 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #26512
I would bet a new clutch is around 800 the QSC kit is 200 you get 2 springs and weights for the primary. You don't lose any top speed. I didn't on my 850 but rev'd quicker and had smoother punch throu out the whole powerband

2014 RZR 800LE Orange Madness

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Performance Modifications

Search tags for this page

2010 polaris sportsman 500 ho atv hell climber clutch kits

atv clutch kit for top end performance

atv clutch mod for hills

atv mini clutch mods

clutch kits for polaris ranger do they help

heel clicker clutch kit polaris atv

heel clicker clutch kit polaris sportsman 850 xp weights

heel clicker vs qsc clutch kit sportsman 500ho

how can you tell if the clutch is going out in your plorais ranger

performance atv clutch kits

polaris clutch kit for hills

will pipe and cluch kit help my canam 1000 max xt

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.