Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Performance Modifications

ATV Performance Modifications Have Modifications? Want to ask about a mod? Having problems with a certain mod? Ask and post here! Carbs, Exhausts, Engines, Etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #25196
Traveller-3000lb Winch-Everything Included-$89.99

Tractor Supply Co.(TSC) is advertising this Winch for $89.99, Everything is included.

TRAVELLER 3000lb Winch-includes,bracket,fairlead,switch and wiring harness.

Anybody ever used this winch ? - Any comments or Review ?

-Polaris Fr+Rr Brush Bumpers.
-Polaris Fr+Rr Rack Extenders.
-Polaris 2500 lb Winch, w/Amsteel Blue, Hawse Fairlead, and Hook Stop/ Fairlead Protector.
-Polaris Hand Guards.
-Tusk Heated Grips/Thumb Warmer.
-Ricochet A-ARM Guards (Fr+Rr).
-Kolpin Dually 3" LED's on Front Brush Bumper (floods).
-Cabelas Tac System ,Soft Rear luggage/Seat/Rifle Case.
-Rear Foot Rests/Fender Guards .
-Eagle Snow Plow,Belly Mount W/ 54" Blade.
-Polaris Xenon Bulbs in High+Low Headlights.
-ATVSS Detachable mirrors .
-Rotopax Fuel Cells - Two - 1 gal containers on Front Rack.
-Sedona Ripsaw R/T's (25-8-12 ,25-10-12) Mounted on ITP- SS312's. (12x7, 4/156/4+3) .
-Kimpex Fender Flares .
-Kolpin 3 Way Hitch.
-Foot Well Skid Plates with Attached Nerf Bars.
-QSC Clutch Kit.
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 10-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #34872
There is a reason that one is $89.99 and a Warn is $300.
Personally, I will spend the extra money on a proved product, that I can count on when I need it to save my ass!
Maxxis BigHorns
Ricochet skid plates (full kit)
Polaris rear rack extender
Polaris front brush guard
Polaris 2.5k winch, with wireless remote
AmSteel Blue synthetic winch rope
Custom billet hawse fairlead
Old 10-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #29606
About the same money as the harbor freight ones and those have a great reputation and nothing but positive reviews. Maybe you can be the guinnea pig on these?
Old 10-09-2013, 05:05 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #8828
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Personally, I will spend the extra money on a proved product, that I can count on when I need it to save my ass!

+1 ^^^

Wife on back of X2: "don't go through there we will get stuck"
Me: " no we won't its a Polaris!!"
Wife on back of X2: "don't go through there we will get stuck"
Me: " no we won't its a Polaris!!"
Wife on back of X2:

Me: "F***"
Old 10-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #34872
Not saying it's a BAD choice. But there is a reason it is priced as it is.
It's what is best for you, your needs and your budget.

I used a 10k come along for years, my new 550LE has the Polaris 2500 winch. I plan on replacing it with a Warn, down the road.
Maxxis BigHorns
Old 10-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #25196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinagain View Post
About the same money as the harbor freight ones and those have a great reputation and nothing but positive reviews. Maybe you can be the guinnea pig on these?
This is the reason I'm asking, because if you think about it a winch is just a basic electric motor. I hear people with good results with a harbor freight 3000lb winch and I can't justify what Warn or Polaris wants for them.
Granted I spent what Polaris wanted for the 2500lb winch when I bought this machine because I wanted it on there when I picked it up, and it's still serving me well. I have already picked up a Harbor Freight 3k winch and have it on the shelf for in a pinch and I'm going to pick up a traveller 3k also,for the price I'll experiment and take the chance. Somewhere down the line I'll use them for something but I think the winch market isn't as limited as it used to be and competition is producing good results. Right now I don't need them but somewhere down the road I probably will and the machine will be older and I won't want to spend as much money on it and want to spend that money on a new machine.

-Polaris Fr+Rr Brush Bumpers.
-Polaris Fr+Rr Rack Extenders.
-Polaris 2500 lb Winch, w/Amsteel Blue, Hawse Fairlead, and Hook Stop/ Fairlead Protector.
-Polaris Hand Guards.
-Tusk Heated Grips/Thumb Warmer.
-Ricochet A-ARM Guards (Fr+Rr).
-Kolpin Dually 3" LED's on Front Brush Bumper (floods).
-Cabelas Tac System ,Soft Rear luggage/Seat/Rifle Case.
-Rear Foot Rests/Fender Guards .
-Eagle Snow Plow,Belly Mount W/ 54" Blade.
-Polaris Xenon Bulbs in High+Low Headlights.
-ATVSS Detachable mirrors .
-Rotopax Fuel Cells - Two - 1 gal containers on Front Rack.
-Sedona Ripsaw R/T's (25-8-12 ,25-10-12) Mounted on ITP- SS312's. (12x7, 4/156/4+3) .
-Kimpex Fender Flares .
-Kolpin 3 Way Hitch.
-Foot Well Skid Plates with Attached Nerf Bars.
-QSC Clutch Kit.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:37 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #21597
Quote:
The reason they are priced the way they are is because Warn spends tons of money a year on marketing. That cost has to be paid somehow, so thats why the price is high. Also, warn probably has a ton of employees, whereas the winches that are sold at harbor freight/ts are probably made by one of the winch manufactures who already have a factory and employees (therefore reducing the need for employee/startup costs).

Am I saying they are the same thing? No, probably not. I bet the ts winch will work just fine for light work. If you use it on a constant basis, and push your winch.....then I would probably front the money for a more popular brand. Customer support has a lot to do with it as well. Warn stands behind their products.

From my personal experience, stay away from the Polaris. Mine is wonky.... sometimes it works perfectly fine. Other times it wont retrieve the cable.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Polaris ATV Junkie!

Member #34872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsome View Post
Quote:
The reason they are priced the way they are is because Warn spends tons of money a year on marketing. That cost has to be paid somehow, so thats why the price is high. Also, warn probably has a ton of employees, whereas the winches that are sold at harbor freight/ts are probably made by one of the winch manufactures who already have a factory and employees (therefore reducing the need for employee/startup costs).

Am I saying they are the same thing? No, probably not. I bet the ts winch will work just fine for light work. If you use it on a constant basis, and push your winch.....then I would probably front the money for a more popular brand. Customer support has a lot to do with it as well. Warn stands behind their products.

From my personal experience, stay away from the Polaris. Mine is wonky.... sometimes it works perfectly fine. Other times it wont retrieve the cable.

Knew the marketing crap would come up. Everyone know that has a winch buys one to save their ass when they need it.

"Wonky" does not cut it for me! Just my opinion, but by your own admission, that winch is a POS.
Maxxis BigHorns
Old 10-10-2013, 09:24 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #21597
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsome View Post
Quote:

Knew the marketing crap would come up. Everyone know that has a winch buys one to save their ass when they need it.

"Wonky" does not cut it for me! Just my opinion, but by your own admission, that winch is a POS.
Agreed. My winch is a POS, I never said otherwise. I fully intend on replacing it with a warn. I wish I would have went for the warn from the get go instead of saving a few bucks with the polaris. Apparently the problem is just with the contactor, so I may just replace that with a warn contactor.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast
Premium Member

Member #37496
Guys, I am not saying the polaris winch is not "WONKY"...My machine is to new to know that yet. I thought it was a Warn winch with the PoPo logo? That is what the dealer told me, not saying i always trust them, or that they always know wth they are talking about.

Is it a warn winch? If so, does it use all the same exact parts as a Warn winch? My dealer, my dealer replied yes to both questions.

Was I misled?

Past: 2010 Ranger 800 XP
2005 Honda Rubicon 500 GPScape
2003 Honda XR650R
1998 Kawasaki Bayou 300 4X4

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Performance Modifications

Search tags for this page
atv winch reviews

traveler winch

traveler winch reviews

travelers winch

traveller 3000 lb winch

traveller atv winch

traveller atv winch reviews

traveller winch

traveller winch review

traveller winch reviews

traveller winches

traveller winches reviews

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.