Polaris Sportsman 1000 - Hard to find? - Polaris ATV Forum
ATV Purchasing and Price Getting ready to purchase your first ATV? Discussions concerning ATV comparisons, models, prices, and all purchasing related questions.

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Polaris Sportsman 1000 - Hard to find?

Hello Forum. My first post! Yeah!

Long time lurker finally decided on a 2017 Polaris Sportsman 1000. Analyzed all the options endlessly and finally decided on the Hunter Edition. Waited around for the March rebates. Ok, all set, ready to pull the trigger. Surprise! The Hunter Edition is actually pretty hard to find in stock. Ok fine, I sort of liked the Copper LE as well, so I'll just get that. Surprise again! Those are hard to find as well.

Anyone experience the same thing? Any insight?

I've been looking in and around Michigan. Finally decided to just go with Abernathy's and save $1,000 or so in exchange for an 18 hour round trip drive. Not even Abernathy's has them and it seems it will be a few weeks before they might.

And I though this would be easy :-)

LIONDOG

Last edited by LIONDOG; 03-13-2017 at 12:05 PM. Reason: - Clarify year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 12:53 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Garage
Not untypical. High demand machines especially SE models tend to be hard to find. If you want the hunter, order the hunter. don't compromise just because you want to be impatient as well.
LIONDOG likes this.

"There are no problems. There are only Solutions. It's your job to find the right one.

2007 Hawkeye 300 17HP of gutless glory
25" STI Black Diamond ATRs
Pure Polaris Deluxe front Brush guard
Pure Polaris hand guards
4" LED on the pod
8" LED light bar on the front bumper.
Tamarack Titan Luxury Lounger
Cabela's Chainsaw mount
Badlands 2500 lbs. winch w/remote and Kong winch saver.
Full Aluminum Skid plate and A-arm guards(custom built)
Pure Polaris Front rack extension
Quadworks Stage 1 power kit
  • K&N Highflow reusable filter
  • Quadworks highflow prefilter
  • Dynojet kit
2" rear spring spacers

Towable/equipment
Custom built road drag grader

Future mods
Rear bumper/brush guard
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Thank you ThorsHammer for the reply and advice. The Copper LE has it's merits, so I'd be okay with that over Hunter. The dealers I was talking to suggested there may not be another run of Hunters until 2018. I'd rather not wait another season just for the color :-) I certainly won't compromise off the Sportsman 1000, but could be swayed on exact model based on availability. A few aftermarket parts and the gap can be closed between models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 02:45 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONDOG View Post
Hello Forum. My first post! Yeah!

Long time lurker finally decided on a 2017 Polaris Sportsman 1000. Analyzed all the options endlessly and finally decided on the Hunter Edition. Waited around for the March rebates. Ok, all set, ready to pull the trigger. Surprise! The Hunter Edition is actually pretty hard to find in stock. Ok fine, I sort of liked the Copper LE as well, so I'll just get that. Surprise again! Those are hard to find as well.

Anyone experience the same thing? Any insight?

I've been looking in and around Michigan. Finally decided to just go with Abernathy's and save $1,000 or so in exchange for an 18 hour round trip drive. Not even Abernathy's has them and it seems it will be a few weeks before they might.

And I though this would be easy :-)

LIONDOG
Check with motorsportssuperstore. I just looked and saw they had both the camo and copper xp1000 in stock. I bought my brand new 2015 xp1000 last April from those guys,they had them on sale for $8499,it cost me $480 to have it shipped to Washington state. They were great to deal with,it was all done over the phone and Internet.
LIONDOG likes this.

2015 sportsman XP 1000
GSE exhaust
Hd6 red/black wheels
Kenda executioner tires 28/11/14" all 4
Red billet diff saver
Cecco frame savers f/r
Stock 2500lbs Polaris winch
More to come!!!
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 04:09 AM
Polaris ATV Legend

Around here most dealerships stocked the black ones, when I purchased mine my local dealer had to bring in a copper one from another state. I have never seen the hunter Camo one in person but it looks sweet in the website pictures
LIONDOG likes this.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Scvette - thanks for the tip in motorsportssuperstore. I have requested a quote and will call them later today to see if they actually have either the Hunter or Copper in stock. I know they show it on their website, but a lot of places do even if they don't actually have it in stock.

I've looked at uship for shipping. What service did you use? Abernathy's requires buyer to show up in person. If motorsportssuperstore can give me a decent price, I certainly don't mind paying shipping, but that would be way too long a drive :-)

Fuse - I have not seen the 1000 Hunter, but have seen the 570 - pretty sweet :-) But I think the copper would be pretty good as well. If black is the only way to be on a 1000 this summer, then I'd do the black one.

- LIONDOG
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Unfortunately motorsportssuperstore has neither the Hunter nor the Copper in stock. The prices quoted via email are a good bit higher than Abernathy so unless they are willing to negotiate, it would be hard to make the math work. They say they can get one "quickly" but it's hard to imagine anyone having stronger reach than Abernathy's.

My repeated experience here has been 1) dealer websites showing Hunter and/or Copper in stock, 2) they are not really in stock but dealer saying they can get one quickly, 3) when it comes right down to placing an order, the ability to get one quickly vaporizes.

It's also amazing to me that the local dealers just stop following up with me. I ask them the question "Can you get a Hunter?" and they simply do not call me back or email me. I guess business must be good :-)

I do have (refundable) deposits in with Abernathy's for a Hunter and a Copper (whichever comes in first). We'll see... I'll be surprised if I can find one closer/faster at a price that makes sense, but I'll keep looking.

- LIONDOG
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 11:49 AM

Garage
Me and my brother ordered two 2017 850 SP,s and were still waiting for them to come in. It's been over a month since we ordered them and they still haven't come in. Only 1 dealer on Long Island had 1 camo sp and someone bought it already so now I have to wait. So yes it's possible for them to be hard to find
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:19 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

I feel your pain! I would be riding a 1000 Hunter right now but no dealers had one for me to look at before buying. My 800 was down at the time so I was hot and bothered to buy a new 1000. After speaking with several places I sorta surmised that unless the dealers purchasing guy had actually ordered one for the dealership's inventory at the annual show they won't have one. The dealerships will only stock the hottest selling machines that they anticipate will move quickly. The 1000 Sportsman Hunter Edition being more of a specialty machine has to be special ordered and is THEN built and delivered.
LIONDOG likes this.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 11:17 AM
ATV Enthusiast

I got mine in quebec, canada.
Apparently dealer had to place their orders last spring for the se, copper. My dealer had to beg another dealer for his last unit for my order in january

ontario dealers if they have them are getting full msrp that why i drove to quebec to get mine

dealers asking for 14,500-14,800. I paid 13699. He gave me bumpers and winch at cost. Was worth the 9 hour drive round trip for me

2017 Xp 1000 Sportsman LE Matte Cooper
2008 843cc Yamaha Grizzly

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode