Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

ATV Purchasing and Price Getting ready to purchase your first ATV? Discussions concerning ATV comparisons, models, prices, and all purchasing related questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 05:38 PM

Member #19945
Trading for 560 predator?

Alright so i have a 2005 Yamaha YFZ i just traded a truck for. The YFZ is BONE STOCK! im talking original tires from 2005! LOW HOURS and pretty clean to. I am thinking very strongly about trading it for a 2004 Polaris predator with the 560 big bore kit, Hot cams, K&N intake, Big gun exhaust, Shaved front and rear fenders, +2 full flight A-arms, and it has neon's or something stupid (neon's are coming off as soon as she gets home so dont worry!) Lol But i know I am on a Polaris site so everyone is going to say do it but i want some hones opinions! Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Member #230
Unless they have receipts to prove this was done professionally and not in someone's backyard.

I typically steer clear of machines with these mods because they usually heavily lack any reliability.

I need proof it was done right. Otherwise I would skip it and stay with a stock machine otherwise.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:33 PM

Member #19945
Alright, why would it being bored out make it less reliable? I'm not disagreeing just wondering.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Member #230
Being bored out wouldn't make it unreliable. It should be just as reliable in theory as stock. I always question the quality of the work when someone takes the motor apart.

I want to see receipts for the labor so I know who did it, or I want to know that the owner knows what he is doing when he did this.

I always assume the motor is going to grenade, and need to be proved otherwise. At least thats my rule when looking at used machines with internal mods.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Discussions > ATV Purchasing and Price

Search tags for this page
04 polaris predator 560 big bore

2004 polaris predator 560

2004 predator 560
2004 predator hot cams or big bore?

560 big bore running hotter

best camshafts for polaris predator big bore
is polaris predator reliable
polaris 560
polaris 560 big bore kit reliable
polaris predator 560
polaris predator 560 kit

predator 560

predator 560 big bore

predator 560 bore

predator big bore reliability
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.