Polaris ATV Forum banner

2012 800 sportsman

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jljbtm 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2005 500 for $3200 and i am happy but i did want a 800.

I just found a new ad for a 2012 800 with 198hrs. not sure of the miles for $5000

#2 ·
For 1500 more u can get a new 800.

#3 ·
Look it over CAREFULLY.
I paid that much for an 08 800 a few months ago.
Just under 100 hours, almost 700 miles.
For a 2012 I would expect it to be a bit more money unless something is wrong with it.
But you may have found a real deal if it's in decent shape.
Check all the steering components for wear. Check the condition of all the fluids.
look up under the fenders for signs of deep water or mud. Look for dirt or mud in the air box. Stuff like that.

#4 ·
Not a bad price at all..... but as mentioned you should still be able to find a brand new 2014 model for only ~ $1500 more, brand new - no worries - and factory warranty.

Check it over closely as mentioned.

If you like the 2005 500.... you'll love the 2012 800!! (I Do!)

#6 · (Edited)
You are very right there.... the twin cylinder engines have a way different sound and feeling (smoother, more torque & powerfull - IMHO).

As for the plow mount question I replied to your other thread..... I do not think they use the same atv mountig bracket though! But I'd verify that with a plow system dealer!!

Edit: Googled "Moose RM3 Plow System Mounting Chart" and got the following.....

Looks like just 1 Polaris mounting ????? Unlikely & Odd, but sure, okay... "MOUNT PLATE POL # 4501-0151 @ $109.95"

Link: http://www.motorcycleworld.com/enthusiasts/catalog_item_detail.asp?catalog=6763&levelcode=0&product=1006288

I'd deffinetly verify the specific atv mounting bracket with Moose customer Service or a Moose Dealer. If you call simply ask them to verify the mount number for the two quads in question.... if they are the same part #..... Then B-I-N-G-O!!!

#7 ·
I don't know if this is good news now or bad news, it turns out its not a 2012 at all but the title says its a 2010 200hrs and 2000 miles this guy is an older farmer who claims he really only used it to carry water out to the Cows and one Donkey. I did drive it as i said earlier and it looks in great shape oil and air filter looks clean also, it does not have any extras.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.