Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

ATV Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 10:05 PM

Member #1247
Exclamation clutch drive or belt problems?

hey, ive got a 05 sportsman 400. The other day I was riding some extreme trails at a local ohv park and went through a litte bit of mud,"barely got the bottom of the clutch cover muddy", and it started to feel like the belt was slipping. By the time i limped back to the truck, it would barley move in high. So i assumed it was a worn belt or full of water. i got it in my shop and took the clutch cover off to look at the belt and to me it looks fine and there is no mud or water. My question is the side of the belt supposed to be shiny and flat, or have some sort of grip on the side of it? Also the bottom of the clutch cover is hitting the clutch housing, I started it with the cover off and noticed a small amount of vibration. Do I need to rebuild my clutch and get a new belt or just adjust it? Also before it started to slip is was having problems changing gears when riding hard, I had to let off the gas and it would change but jerk.

Last edited by cowboy6885; 09-06-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

Search tags for this page

polaris belt drive problems

polaris belt problems

polaris ranger belt problems

polaris ranger clutch problems

polaris ranger drive belt problems

polaris rzr 1000 belt problems

polaris rzr belt problems

polaris rzr clutch problems

polaris rzr how to tell if you have a clutch problem
rzr 1000 belt problems

rzr clutch problems

rzr drive belt issues
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.