Polaris ATV Forum banner

05 sportsman 700 transmission issue?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  stave7119 
#1 ·
I just bought this quad and got it home and there seems to be no park or High there is only R N and Low. It only has 575 miles on it and looks like new. Am I doing something wrong? I didn't get a manual? I would appreciate any help you can offer! Thanks

#2 ·
I take it you can't get it to go into H or P? You have to push on the rear brake pedal for that shift. My buddies '05 500 and my '04 600 are that way.

#4 ·
Right, push the foot brake while you move the shifter and it will go farther forward into H and all the way back into park.

#5 ·
Brilliant, yes. Just went out and tried it. I have the same machine and I bought this one for my daughter and mine doesnt need the foot brake pushed. That's great, I thought I messed up and bought a problem. I depressed the foot brake and it works great.Thanks for your help.

#6 ·
Glad I could help! Such a simple thing really...the first time I worked on my buddies 500, i was ready to take the linkage apart wondering what was wrong. My '01 machines and the wifes '07 didn't require it and I didn't have my 600 yet so I hadn't run across it yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.