Polaris ATV Forum banner

2004 Sportsman 700 running bad

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jlong28 
#1 ·
I have a 700 non EFI, at 3000- 3500 rpm the machine runs terrible, almost like a miss. Below and above this rpm range it runs fine. Starts great. Replaced the plugs, no fouling on either one. HELP!!

#2 ·
check to see if there is a intake leak on the intake manifold by spraying carb cleaner on the manifold. If the engine runs differently there is a leak somewhere. these manifolds tear a lot. If you need one check out our website, we have dirt cheap prices. To prevent it from tearing again you can remove the carburator metal mount and loosen the 3/8's airbox to allow for more flex. The rubber mounted engine attached to a solid mounted carb is what tears these manifolds. ~Phil

#4 ·
I have a 02 700 and had it but mine was worse, it was bogging at 1/4 throttle. did the same as you did and sprayed it with carb cleaner and nothing. The way I found it was after cleaning the carb the second time, when I was puting the carb back in I found the crack. I fixed mine with sylicone on the out side and I put ca glue(its used for radio controled cars, gluing the tire to the rim) on the inside. Worked very well, my problem now is that my rings are bad from sucking dust, so get it fixed soon. Just parts to do it are between $240-$300.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.