Polaris ATV Forum banner

2004 sportsman 700 leaking water

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  atvman2010 
#1 ·
so heres the story just put a water pump impeler on this 700 and put it all back together and filling up the coolant and noticed that it leaking all over the ground looked and saw it was coming from what looked like the water pump housing so i figured that the seal had rolled or something. took it back apart and found no seal rolled no nothing so put it together again making sure nothing was in the way, filled it up again and same thing leaking from that area well got under there and now i see that it seems to be leaking farther inwards the engine block so basicly towards to inside of the engine there is a tiny hole there looks like its there for a reason mot like a hole made from something damaged but what is it and what do i need to replace to fix it ????? thanks guys

#2 ·
is it a small round hole right by the water pump cover on the bottom? sort of a weap hole?

#4 ·
id say water pump seal is bad. that was my problem and a new seal fixed it great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.