Originally Posted by bukaty
Dialectric grease claim to fame is that it is not a conductor. Because it is parafin based, I would think that Vaseline would work as well as any dielectric grease at keeping moisture out of the electrical contacts because it too is non-conductor.
I've used dielectric grease for years and only recently found out it was a "non conductor" of electricity. I figured it was because you can fill a connector with it and it works fine. But I guess the metal pins still have to make good contact for the connection to work.
Also..if this grease "was" a conductor , after you fill a connector with it , it could easily short two pins together! Not Good!