Polaris ATV Forum banner

Polaris xplorer 250 Electrical issues

10K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Aircrue 
#1 ·
so the other day the battery in my polaris xplorer died, and wouldnt hold a charge, so i bought a new one. well the new one works just fine...except when some relay malfunctions and i lose power on 4x4, starter and headlight/taillight. i hear a "click" noise soon after i turn the key, then it pulsates (i know this because i turn the headlight on and it flashes off and on every 10 or so seconds) and the starter doesnt work after the relay trips. i need to know how to fix the relay, and dont know why its doing this.

#3 ·
the thing starts fine sometimes, other times i have to pull start it. and i cant keep it running too long because the cooling fan doesnt work because of this electrical issue. my buddy has a voltage tester and he's coming over later this week and im gonna test it then. do you think that the battery could have been overcharged?

#5 ·
I still haven't figured it out but I'm going to silver lake sand dunes tomorrow and my 4x4 still wont work! And the battery died. Any suggestions as to what I should do to try and get this thing working again? None of the lights for neutral or reverse work, nor the headlights ( although the headlights worked fine the other day when I went riding at night).

#6 ·
I am having the same exact issue. I found that there is a short on the positive lead coming to the resettable fuse. Did you ever find out what was causing the problem on yours? About to tear mine down to diagnose.

I have to assume it is coming from the magneto area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.