Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

ATV Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 10:22 AM

Member #1996
05 Magnum 330 engine hot indicator

I have a 05 Polaris Magnum 330 2X4 and i went to start it today and immediatly after starting it cold, the displays started flashing "Engine Hot" with the speedo needle blinking as well. I didnt even have it on for 5 seconds for the engine to even get hot. Also now when i turn it off the electric fan will stay running and i have to unhook the battery so it wont kill it. Ive replaced the oil cooler temp. sensor with no success. " I also had the ECM replaced this past year due to recalls, not sure if that may be a factor. Any help would be greatly appreciate, Im trying to avoid taking it to the dealer due to tight funds but if i have to then oh well. Thank you all.
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 11-17-2009, 11:24 AM
papabare

Member #
Take a look for a wire that has worn through and is shorting out to energize the circuit.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:05 PM

Member #1996
thanks papabare, i will be looking for that
Old 11-18-2009, 12:30 PM

Member #1996
Well i have chased all the wires that i could find, i popped all the covers off as well to make sure i found them all and no such luck on a broken or short circuiting wire. Any other ideas anyone? Ive been going thru the forums and could it be the ECM, Polaris did replace the ECM on mine due to factory recall. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:41 PM

Member #1996
Well have finally figured the problem out, the ECM that Polaris replaced during the recall had failed, $114 bucks later for a new one and all is well
Old 06-07-2010, 05:45 PM

Member #5347
Same exact thing is now happening to my 2005 Polaris Magnum 300 2x4. The fan just stays on, so I disconnect it from the battery so that my battery won't die,...and as soon as I do hook it up and start it,...not only is the fan on constantly,..but it flashes that the engine is hot.

So I need to replace the ECM eh?
Just frickin great. And at $114. Nice.

That blows.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:30 AM

Member #5355
New to the forums, Thanks for having me!
I have the same problem with my (new to me) only 50km of run-time on it, Polaris 330 trailboss.
The engine overheat light is ON upon cold start and the Fan runs continuously unless disconnected even when completly shut off.
I have read that it could be two things:
1) ect sensor- Am i right in assuming this is found in the top left side of the oil cooler? I tested it last night and it does read temperature variations but may be out of callibration? Does anyone know the callibrated ranges?
2) ECM- If it isnt the ect and I do need a new ECM does anyone have a part number and good place to order? My local dealer is pretending they are made of platinum.

I refuse to not ride the new toy so I am just disonnecting it when i shut down but this is too jimmy-rigged for my liking.

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-13-2011, 10:34 AM

Member #17662
330 trailboss cooling fan

I have a 2004 Polaris Trailboss 330 and the cooling fan won't shutdown when running even when I first start it and it is cold. I have changed out the ECM and thermister. Before changing these it would run when the quad was shut off. Anything anyone else can think of checking?

Last edited by dlatherl; 08-13-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

Search tags for this page

05 polaris magnum 4x4 over heat

05 trailboss 330 changed oil now oil temp light on
2004 polaris 330 magnum 4x4 check engine light
2005 polaris magnum check engine and hot light on

330 trail boss engine temperature

330polaris get hot start missing then shut off 2005
magnum 330 hot light flashing
polaris 330 magnum 4x4 display shows hot

polaris 330 magnum is hot

polaris 330 magnum running hot

polaris magnum 330 sensor cooler

why does my polaris magnum 330 say check engine

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.