Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

ATV Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 11:19 AM

Member #19402
Is this the Stator ? And shld it look like this ??

I have a 1995 300 express...It was running fine, everytime i would go out and start it.... wham it started up with no issues. I lost the key so I replaced the whole ignition switch with new factory key. Now the darn thing just turns over and over and over. So I decided to test the spark at the spark plug by pulling spark plug wire and grounding it to create a spark . The first attempt i got a very weak spark and from that point on i got nothing. Took coil of suspecting it was a bad coil. But after searching internet and seeing post from this site , I felt the need to pull(remove) the pull string starter cover and the the flywheel. Well I did all that last night , and Im not sure if this stuff is supposed to look like this...forgive me for pic quality its from my cell phone didnt hve camera on hand....please anyone if you could direct me , if i need to replace these parts or the just need cleaning or how can i test them to see if the are still good...
Attached Thumbnails
Is this the Stator ? And shld it look like this ??-imag0083.jpg   Is this the Stator ? And shld it look like this ??-imag0084.jpg   Is this the Stator ? And shld it look like this ??-imag0085.jpg   Is this the Stator ? And shld it look like this ??-imag0086.jpg   Is this the Stator ? And shld it look like this ??-imag0087.jpg  

PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:27 AM

Member #19402
These are the remaining pics...not sure how the magnets got broken .....
Attached Thumbnails
Is this the Stator ? And shld it look like this ??-imag0088.jpg   Is this the Stator ? And shld it look like this ??-imag0089.jpg   Is this the Stator ? And shld it look like this ??-imag0090.jpg   Is this the Stator ? And shld it look like this ??-imag0092.jpg   Is this the Stator ? And shld it look like this ??-imag0093.jpg  

Old 10-15-2011, 11:30 AM

Member #19402
ok this is the last pic........
Attached Thumbnails
Is this the Stator ? And shld it look like this ??-imag0094.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #3687
That is the stator. It has to be in the correct position in order for the timing to be correct. The flywheel magnet break is a fresh break. Did somone use a jaw type puller and pull the flywheel from the backside. The flywheel needs to be removed using a flywheel puller or some people even use a harmonic balancer puller. Notice the 3 threaded hole in the flywheel. The wear on the stator might be causing a weak spark. I am not very good on 2 strokes but thought I would give you that information.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:11 PM

Member #19402
Well i pulled it with a fly wheel puller ,by using the three threaded holes. So you are saying that the stator is worn. And i should replace it , does it look like normal wear ??
Old 10-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #16228
where did you buy your new key from? some ppl sell "junk" on ebay and you never know maybe it's bad. i would "hotwire" her and see what you get b4 you buy a new stator.
1988 QuadZilla (Lt500R)
1985 Bigwheel (BW200)
Old 10-18-2011, 03:15 PM

Member #19402
I bought they key from a guy on ebay ....i cant remember his company name, he is a polaris dealer and the key seems to be a factor key and ignition. Real cool company and good service i will look up the info and pass it along. He is a polaris dealer. He claims he has every possible ignition key for polaris.

How do i hot wire her ....???? specifics please

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

Search tags for this page
can you clean a stator
how do you clean the stator on a polaris predator

how to clean a atv stator

how to clean a stator

how to clean atv stator

what does a bad stator look like

what does a stator do on a atv

what does a stator do on an atv

what does a stator look like

what does an atv stator do
what does stator look like on atv

what does the stator do on an atv

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.