Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

ATV Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 07:40 PM

Member #2781
ranger 6x6

the wheel bearings on the two middle wheels have gone out. i have searched and found info on front and rear bearing replacement on 4 wheels but is the procedure the same on the two middle wheel bearings on the 6x6 or is there something i need to know or do before replacing them.

i found this thread and i like the ideal about using the oven to heat it up better than weld shinking the bearing race like i had found on youtube. easy way to install wheel bearings

thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Member #193
First off, welcome to the board!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:01 AM

Member #2781
well, the oven method worked great. i removed the bearing assembly from the ranger. i pulled the retaining ring and most of the insides of the bearing came/fell out. i preheated the oven to 450 and put it in there for 15 minutes. i built a small wooden with a hole that the bearing assembly fit into. when the timer went off, i put the assembly on the box and with one tap on the backside of the race with a punch, it fell out. i heated it again for about 5 minutes and pulled one of the new bearings that i had put in the freezer the night before. i used the trimmed wooden circle that i had cut from the wooden box to tap the new bearing in evenly. i then cooled the assembly and bearing slowly by sprinkling water on it to protect the new bearing from getting to hot.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

Search tags for this page
front wheel bearing replacement 6x6 ranger

how to remove wheel bearings on a 6x6 polaris ranger

how to replace rear wheel bearing on polaris ranger 6x6

how to replace wheel bearing on polaris 6x6
polaris 6x6 ranger forums

polaris ranger 6x6 discussions

polaris ranger 6x6 forum

polaris ranger 6x6 forums

polaris ranger 6x6 take off mid wheels
polaris ranger barring assymbly

ranger 6x6 forum

ranger 6x6 forums
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.