Tech write ups for common repairs / issues / questions ? - Polaris ATV Forum
Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

ATV Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 04:48 PM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #2805
Tech write ups for common repairs / issues / questions ?

Hi - I'm new to the forum - have been doing lots of reading and learning quite a bit. THanks.

On several other (non-atv, other topics, etc) forums that I've been around - there is some sort of a "Technical write up" or "Member write up" or similarily named sections withing the forum that include a detailed write up (usually including photos and / or video links) for common problems or issues for whatever topic the forum is involved in.

In my case, I just bought a 1994 trail boss and although it runs pretty much perfect, my starter just goes 'click' and my 4x4 is not working. Based on my searching and reading these are very common issues (and I've learned a lot by reading various threads) - but wondered if there are any detailed / thorough write ups on these or other common repairs (hopefully with pics).

THANKS.
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 01-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Polaris ATV Legend

Member #230
that would be a helpful section to have. on the starting issue i can almost bet your battery is old and ready to be retired. get it fully charged and then have a shop do a battery load test. that will tell if it needs to be replaced or not
Old 01-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Polaris ATV Legend
Premium Member

Member #193
And welcome to the board!
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #2326
Yes I thought the same, I would be willing to do a few tech write ups on things like front hub fluids check and change and brakes seals, etc. with video if we could get them as stickys would be great and I know blueline would love to contribute too.

02 Magnum 500 RMK

If it ain't broke, I can't afford it!
Old 01-23-2010, 09:21 AM
ATV Enthusiast

Member #2805
That would be awesome. I've spent soo much time googling and reading on 4x4 issues and starter issue. A lot of good tidbits here and there (a lot on this site), but very little in the way of start to finish write up from diagnosis through repair, especially with pics/vids.

Good pics and/or videos are tremendously helpful.

Thanks for you your reply!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

Search tags for this page
common atv repairs and maintenance

common problems with po;aris atv

it tech repair write ups
polaris atv certified repair tech
polaris front hub write

typical repairs for polaris 425

ups common troubles

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.