Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

ATV Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 03:20 PM

Member #24401
02 trailboss 330 no spark, no reverse?

Jusst bought this, dont know much about the history of it, the quad seems rather simple. It is a 2wd. I have much experience in auto repair and snowmobiles but not too much with quads.

Spark:
The key is broken off insdie so I use a srewdriver, the starter and the pull start work fine. I put an inline spark tester on and it only gives off 1 or 2 sparks when I frist turn it over or when I stop and every times I either switch the igntion off with either the key or the run/stop switch. I see the coil and a mitsubishi black ecu? Not sure where the cdi is. The run/stop switch has the little light in it and that works but I havent ruled out any switch yet cuz Im not sure which wires to jump or if this is an open or close system. What if the recoil handle isnt sealed all the way or not at all does that just get the recoil wet or can it get ot the stator or is that on the other side of the engine?

Trans:
No oil is visible inside. The shifter moves fine, it has been welded before. I took the clutch cover off to inspect the clutches. Everything looks pretty clean and dry, I can shift into F and turn the clutch easily by hand and move the quad but just spins in reverse, the light comes on and I can feel/ here it at least attempt or seem to be in reverse. The quad doesnt run so I dont know if it needs to run to say for sure the reverse doesnt work or not.
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Member #2357
Ok if I'm not mistaken polaris didn't come out with the 330 until 2003, before that they were 325. So either you got a 2003 or newer or the guy lied to you. First off get a manual and trace the wires back, second take your trans apart the hardest part is getting out you have to take half the quad apart. Once you have it out split the trans and see what I looks like, I just have mine apart and there are no suprises! But before you do that check your stop in the trans, maybe the guy before you ran that out to far to the point the the stop isn't allowing the shift lever to become fully engaged into reverse.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Member #193
Welcome to the board!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:57 PM

Member #24401
the owners manual says 02, dont know which numbers in the vin tell the year but I am fairly positive its an 02, Ive seen them before. Where is a good place to find the wiring diagram?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

Search tags for this page
02 polaris trail boss 330 no spark

2000 polaris trail boss no spark

2003 polaris 330 tailboss no spark
2003 polaris trail boss 330 no spark
no spark 02 polaris trailboss
polaris 330 no spark

polaris 330 trail boss no spark

polaris trail boss 330 no reverse

polaris trail boss 330 no spark

polaris trail boss no reverse
polaris trail boss no spark

what would cause an 03 polaris trailboss have no spark

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.