New battery charged? Voltage on the new battery?
Normally, clicking from the solenoid with no starting is either a bad battery, discharged battery, or bad battery connection. It can be a bad solenoid or bad starter, but power is a more common problem.
If you are not sure of the charge status of the new battery, try jump starting it. I did this using my riding mower to jump my 2008 sportman. Started right up. Changed the battery and all is good.
On a side note, buddy of mine got a "new/charged" battery for his Yamaha from the dealer. When he got it home it would not turn his bike over. He noticed it had no acid in it yet. So much for them charging it for him...
2006 X2 500
- Purchased in 2011 with 250sh hours and 2500sh miles
- 26" Trilobite HD tires on 12" SS108 rims
- Cabela's (Warn RT) 2500 winch
- Front rack extender
- Front brush guard
2008 Sportsman 300
- Purchased in 2012 with 25 hours on it
- UNI air filter
- Polaris 1500 winch
2011 X2 550
- Purchased in 2012 with 58 hours on it
- Polaris 2500 winch
- Front lock and ride storage box
- Bighorn 2s on the front
Last edited by Boburk; 08-11-2012 at 04:24 PM.