Polaris ATV Forum
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

ATV Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 10:22 PM

Member #30889
Angry 2008 sportsman 400ho not charging

Okay battery went dead charged it up and good to go four or five rides dead again chased some wires and winch block was shot drawing current and killing batt. Block was buggered so i cut it off and good to go for a while. Dead again tried to charge with factory maintainer wire and no go charger kept saying check polarity??? I hooked up leads directly to battery and is now charging but what good is it to just keep charging it if everyone is giving conflicting info as to the root cause of the obviuos design flaw of these atvs (e.g. thousands of google hits on crappy polaris charging systems) is it the stator or the rectifier that causes these bikes to stop charging. The stator on most bikes are well engineered and cannot see such a vital part failing on a four year old machine. Then again my machine only has 2000km on it and have had winch failure,axle failure,,batt failure,charging failure,starter failure,ball joint replacement and i am a nazi about maintenance and dont torture my machines.this will be the last piece of polaris junk i pay good money for they should stick to snowmobiles they are good at that not so good at atvs. My 09 yammy 350 kodiak has same km and i have only to keep up regular maintenance and it has rock solid reliability...so does anyone here know what the most common reason for charging failure is? Im gonna freak out if the stator is bitched cause i am sick of dumping money into basically a broke in bike sry for the slight rant but i am tired of wrenching and paying for repairs on a bike made by an established company that touts the reliability of their machines.If it is the stator I would actually like to drive it through the showroom window at polaris and throw them the keys so they can fix it over and over.Ride it fix it ride it fix it ride it fix it this is how the chinese machines work right??? hahahahahha everyone who made the mistake of buying a cheap commy quad knows what i am talking about but polaris????? thought they would do things a little better than this
Sponsored Links
PolarisATVForums is the premier Polaris ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads, So Register, It's Free!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Member #193
Welcome to the board!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris ATV Forum > Polaris ATV Technical Discussions > ATV Repair and Maintenance

Search tags for this page

cause rectifier failure sportsman

polaris atv charge failure

sportsman not charging

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.